1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Knox Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody here familiar with Knox Theological Seminary (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)?

The school was founded by Dr D James Kennedy. It is NOT yet accredited. According to their website and their 02-04 catalog they are in the process of gaining accreditation from ATS. This is a serious downfall in my view. They should get accredited as soon as possible. I don't know how long it takes, but my catalog is from 2002 (with Addendum for 2004). That seems like a long time. Maybe they should look into TRACS or some other agency before they seek ATS (or at the same time if that is possible). I always like schools to hold accreditation from multiple agencies. For example Liberty, the school I attend, is accredited by TRACS and SACS.

Anyway, the school offers the typical seminary degrees. The MDiv (is only open to men however), the MABTS (MA/Biblical Theological Studies), Master of Evangelism, Certificate in Biblical studies, and a DMin. The school is commissioned by Coral Ridge Presbyterian church (Presbyterian Church in America). However it accepts students from all Christian denominations.

While I would not attend this school, I like their reformed focus. I have some differences with them on eschatology, but I am in full agreement with their reformed stance. They have started a new program, the Masters Degree/Christianity and Culture. This seems to be a great idea, and a timely idea no doubt.

Some of the professors at Knox are widely respected men of God. They include, Dr Kennedy, Dr RC Sproul, and Dr Samuel Lamerson.

What does everyone think?

http://www.knoxseminary.org/

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

I think Knox is a solid choice. They have candidate status with ATS. I would have thought they would have achieved full accreditation by now, but I don't know when they applied.

As a reformed Southern Baptist pastor, I would definitely recommend Knox.

Bill

3. UZThD

UZThD New Member

4. Broadus

Broadus Member

5. Broadus

Broadus Member

Bill,

Perhaps I should say that we seek to be what the SBC was.

Bill