1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Knox Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is anyone here a current student or alumni of Knox Theological Seminary?

I hold a MA in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary so I am not asking this question for myself. I am asking this question because I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone who has graduated from this school. I am sure it is a fine school, however I would like to learn more about it from someone who has actually attended/earned a degree from Knox.

http://www.knoxseminary.org/

2. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

No knowledge

I really don't know much about the seminary except for information from their own web site and literature. One of my former employees did leave and go there but I haven't heard from him for several years. It's a little strange but I don't know any graduates either. However, Robert Reymond, whom I respect and admire, teaches there. My overall impression is a pretty standard, conservative Reformed perspective. However, my former employee seemed to have some theonomic leanings but I don't think this was the factor in his choice of a seminary.

From a leadership standpoint, I would like to know more of the second tier leadership. In other words, who will fill the shoes when Dr. Kennedy passes from the scene? From the faculty, I don't see a dynamic young scholar who can push the seminary development. They appear to have a good, solid faculty but I don't see the dynamic type of leadership that Dr. Kennedy has provided. Who has the energy, drive and vision for the future?

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Baptist seminary?

I really hate to be a stick in the mud but Knox hardly qualifies as a Baptist seminary. This thread appears under Baptist Seminaries and Colleges. :smilewinkgrin:

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paid Response

Hey Paid,

How goes it?

Can we not at least mention a "sister seminary?" Many of us have done grad work at other than Baptist seminaries and think we may be the better for it?

In my own case, I became a "better Baptist" or at least a more knowledgable one because I studied in another venue.

Just an old man's thoughts.

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

#4 Rhetorician, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. Besides, it makes infinitely more sense to place inquiries here than on some other "nether region" of the board.

6. UZThD

UZThD New Member

======

neither is Columbia Evangelical or Trinity of Newberg, yet they are here discussed

7. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

When I get to heaven, I'm going to ask Jesus why he was a Baptist!