1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Korah's Rebellion..

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO, Mar 15, 2007.

1. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

:wavey: HI, everyone........I have a question: In Numbers 16:35; Why did God consume the 250 people who had the censer when they were instructed by Moses in NUM. 16:16-17; Moses said to Korah, "You and all your followers are to appear before the LORD tomorrow, you and they and Aaron. Each man is to take his censer and put incense in it, 250 censers in all, and present it before the LORD. You and Aaron are to present your censers also." ??????????? Why were these people consumed?? thank you for your help!!........:smilewinkgrin: ...rosamaria

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

the censers weren't the problem. As we see in the first verses of that chapter, Korah and his men had gathered themselves against the leadership of Moses. They were claiming that Moses had given himself too much authority, and they were trying to lead a rebellion.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Which is what is happening in many of our Baptist churches as a result ot the Emerging Church. (But I digress) Off topic.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Numbers are important in a Baptist church because we have to know how many will be at the potluck! :laugh:

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is nothing but the rebellion against God and His designated Leader- Moses. Such problem resulted from the arrogance unsatisfied with what God has provided.

But we must remember that God didn't exterminate the family of Korah, even though it looks like all the family members of Korah were killed.

God's grace abounded there again.

Samuel the great Prophet was the descendant of Korah, and many Psalms such as Psalm 44-49 were written for or by Korah's descendants as they were rather musicians at the time of David.

#5 Eliyahu, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  6. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Rosamaria, you style yourself as an evangelist. I'm wondering how you can have questions like these if in fact God has called you to minister his word to a variety of congregations. Any response?

7. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

HI...... I have been going to evangelist churches..... And the questions I ask are from others. And I consider this forum of great knowledge and wisdom of the Word of GOD.. And other responses would be appreciated..... I am consumed by the Word of GOD..... God is AWESOME....... So many are gifted and blessed by the LORD...... And some know more of the Word than others.. I do not know what more to say........ I am studying the Word of God....... The Lord given me wonderful gift of music.. and that gift of music I minister to others in the Name of JESUS..... :godisgood: ..........rosamaria.....

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is correct. Korah was claiming a role of spiritual leadership between God and the people. Moses simply instructs Korah and all who claimed to stand in the place of Moses and Aaron before the People - to take their place there and SEE if God would allow it.

Moses was taking the high ground - instead of condemning them himself in a "my word against your word" style debate Moses is saying "Let God decide"

Clearly God decided not to confirm Korah's wild claims.