1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lamb and Lion Ministries

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Amy.G, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Have any of you heard of David Reagan? He has a ministry called Lamb and Lion. I was flipping channels tonight and caught his TV show, Christ in Prophecy. I found it very interesting. He was talking about all the items in the Tabernacle that represent the coming Messiah. One of the items he talked about was the mercy seat and the two cherubim that sat on it. He then went to the NT and said when Mary looked into the empty tomb and saw the two angels sitting where Jesus had been lying, one at the head and one at the foot, that what she was really seeing was the mercy seat with the two cherubim. I never associated that. What do you think? Have you heard of this ministry?

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You might could google his website.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

4. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've known of David Reagan and Lion & Lamb for some years. They are Dispensational Premillennial in their understanding of Bible prophecy. Reagan generally is responsible in his interpretation of Prophecy, and is Conservative and God-honoring in his presentation of Christ and scripture.

As with any eschatological position, some interpreters can "sensationalize" more than warranted in scripture -- but I've found Reagan (when I've interacted with his materials, etc) not to be overzealous in the presentation of his understanding of prophetic truth.

I'm sure there are some (maybe MANY these days) on BB who will condemn Reagan and his ministry on the basis that it is Dispensational alone. Don't listen -- go to his website, read his materials, judge for yourself.

JDale

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

The focus is apparantly...bible prophecy.

6. Reformer

Reformer New Member

I have heard of their ministry but don't know anything about it but if you want a really good read about the symbolism of the Tabernacle and other thing I would recommend Gleanings In Exodus by A.W. Pink. It is verrrrry long but I'll promise you'll learn a lot

Here it is online http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/Gleanings_Exodus/exodus.htm

Reformer

7. Goldie

Goldie New Member

I know he pastors the Trinity Baptist Temple in Knoxville, Tennessee. I don't like him because he basically ripped the KJV 1611 version Bible to pieces, and to me that's anathema because to my mind it's the only Bible version that's based on the original Greek Textus Receptus - the rest are based on the Catholic interpretation of the original Textus Receptus.

I accessed his website a long time ago, but I still prefer Thomas Ice's view on end-time prophecy which can be found here, although I must add that I don't like the fact that he is in cohoots with the likes of Dave Hunt, Tim LaHaye and Zola Levitt, who still believe that the sign gifts are still for today. I also like Arnold Fruchtenbaum whose articles you can see here:

http://www.pre-trib.org/article-list.php. Ice's articles on the dispensations and covenants is excellent.

By the way, the mercy seat is now located in heaven, and Jesus is the High Priest. The OT Tabernacle mirrored the Tabernacle in Heaven.

To quote M.R. de Haan on the Mercy Seat:
    The OT sacrifices, the Mosaic Law, as well as the Mercy Seat all pointed to Jesus Christ as Saviour.

#7 Goldie, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

According to the website, he is in TX, not TN.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thanks JDale. He sounded pretty solid on his program, but I just wanted to make sure he wasn't a heretic :laugh: before I went any further. I took a brief look at the website, but I'll do a more thorough look see. :flower: