1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laptop

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by MaryKay, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

My granddaughter wants a laptop for Christmas. I know very little about laptops. She will want to play games. Her internet connection is dialup. I know it's not real fast. Is there anything out there for 700.00 dollars or less that would be good? I am asking for her father .MK

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I like Dell's laptops personally. For gaming, the keys are memory, video card memory and CPU. Get as much of each as you can afford. No matter which manufactur you go with, see if you can get XP on it instead of Vista. Vista is a pig when it comes to using system resources.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Vista is a pig when it comes to using system resources." Oh, is it a single pig, I thought it was more like a family of ten :laugh:

See the other thread about laptops for more info.

Agree with the above post on get the most for the buck. 700 should get a pretty good unit.

4. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

Thank you very much