1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Larry Craig Reconsidering Intention to Resign?

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 4, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very interesting.

Sen. Craig reconsiders choice to resign
    By JOHN MILLER, Associated Press Writer

Sen. Larry Craig is reconsidering his decision to resign after his arrest in a Minnesota airport sex sting and may still fight for his Senate seat, his spokesman said Tuesday evening. "It's not such a foregone conclusion anymore, that the only thing he could do was resign," said Sidney Smith, Craig's spokesman in Idaho's capital.

"We're still preparing as if Senator Craig will resign Sept. 30, but the outcome of the legal case in Minnesota and the ethics investigation will have an impact on whether we're able to stay in the fight — and stay in the Senate."

- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070905/ap_on_go_co/craig_senate_12

#1 KenH, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, we know Republicans stand head and shoulders above the Democrats :rolleyes: So why shouldn't he stay and fight.... I mean he's not guilty right? He is inoccent until proven otherwise... right? OH, that's not the case since he pleaded GUILTY!

Boy, just when you think you've seen it all.. Washington stills can top most anything.

This just shows again, that BOTH parties are corrupt, power hungry organizations and BOTH need their clocks cleaned.

Jamie

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe he's thinking Republicans will turn democrat and re-elect him.;)

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

He needs to find some employment in the private sector. I don't want the Republicans ever standing up for those that commit grievous sins, as do the opposition.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

Did you all listen to the actual audio tape of the interrogation before coming to your conclusions?
    I am not going to debate or comment, I am just curious of whether you all spent a few minutes to listen to it before making your decision. The media articles are inaccurate.
    This is very short, and the video begins immediately.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...o/vs?id=RTGAM.20070830.wvlarrycraigarrest0830

Joe

6. Joe

Joe New Member

urrggg...I keep double posting

7. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I did listen to the audio tape, and even though I am not a Republican and was not preconditioned to exonerate Craig, I thought the police officer led him far too much and was not professional. He did not permit Craig to state his version of the case without interrupting him. And an officer editorializing about how he expected more of a public official ... come on, that is just not professional and is not objective. What is worse, the officer set him up to plead guilty by promising that all that would happen would be a fine, and that would be the end of it. I can sort of understand how Craig could decide to plead guilty if he thought a few hundred dollars would make it all disappear. Serious mistake, and naive, but I think he was pushed into doing it.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yes, I did listen to the audio when it was first pubished. As far as my conclusion go. He is a US Senator for many years, he isn't "green" at all with a process such as this. He is smart enough to get an attorney if needed. He is smart enough to know that pleaing guilty isn't going to make anything "go away". He is smart enough to know that this will go on record and that anyone can and will find it out.

Had this been a 16yo teenager or a mentally challeneged<sp> person, then maybe my opinion would be different, but since he was a reasonable, sound adult that knew what he did or didn't go and knew where pleaing guilty would lead to as far as admitting guilt and having a record, I have no other recourse but to believe he was/is guilty and now is only backing out because of the "fall out".

This isn't someone that was mislead, or wasn't "schooled" in life to know what he was doing. I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes, but if an office ever arrests me the first thing I am going to do is get a lawyer.

Jamie

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The situation is so disguisting it is not worthy of comment.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I was just listening to Michael Reagan on XM saying that there is a law that members of Congress cannot be arrested if they are on their way to or from a session. Apparently, Craig voted that afternoon in Washington on a cloture motion, so that may be his out on the criminal charges.

Still, playing footsie on the potty...how disgusting!

11. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

The Republcian party needs to heal from all the sexual sins that have been happening to them and I think this guy has a mental health problem and what he is doing now is not healthy and does not help the Republican party to heal it only portrays them as making excuses and saying they above the law.