1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lasserre Bradley Jr.

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by EPH 1:4, Feb 22, 2002.

1. EPH 1:4

EPH 1:4 New Member

I read on another thread where Jimmy Edwards listed Elder Bradley as one of the "most damaging preachers." This is simply not true, Elder Bradley is one of the best preachers in our day. Please listen to him and judge for yourselve...www.baptistbiblehour.org..thanks, Steve

2. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :confused:

I feel that when he talks about "sovereign grace", he talks about something extra that is necessary for salvation other than personal faith in Jesus Christ.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must say that I, too, was shocked to see Elder Bradley among the ten most damaging preachers. Now some Primitive Baptists might agree that he is ;) , since he has been the center of a lot of controversy among Primitive Baptists. But I do wonder by what criteria he would be among the ten most damaging preachers in the country? I was a little surprised to see J. Vernon McGee on the list also. :eek:

Jimmy, I typed the above early this morning, but have been unable to post all day. I have heard Bradley on the radio, and never felt he has added anything extra to God's grace for salvation. I would be curious for a little more of your take on this.

4. Chet

Chet New Member

rlvaughn,

I too am troubled by J. Vernon McGee being on that list. When I first became a Christian, I made it a point not to miss his Bible Bus. Sometimes I am able to catch his Sunday morning preaching, and am moved by his speaking/preaching ability. He speaks with conviction.

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He speaks with conviction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And a good rural southern accent!! :D

6. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lassere Bradley seems to impress everyone by how loud he's speaking. Plus, both he and J Vernon McGee are too King-James only for me. I know that might offend the majority of you on these boards, but that's how I feel. I also mentioned on another thread that McGee has too much of a monotone voice. Finally, while he was still alive, McGee began most of his broadcasts with the same "canned" prayer:"Heavenly Father, bless your Word. In Jesus' name, Amen". I am one who gets concerned when worship becomes too routine and predictable, so that's why I brought that last point up.

7. Dear Brother Edwards,

I suppose you have never met Brother Bradley. Simply heard his radio broadcast. Well, let me give you a bit of history about Brother Bradley. I have met him. About 2 years ago at Eureka Primitive Baptist Church in Chula, GA, out side of Tifton, GA. He was the guest "speaker" for Eureka's "big meeting". I was under his voice for three sermons. Some of the most powerful preaching I have ever heard. The Lord blessed him.

Elder Bradley is one of the most humble men i have ever met.

He at one time preached "salvation by works", you know "you must accept Christ as your savior to be saved" The Lord opened his mind to the truth of God's word and began to preach it. He was baptised as well as the congregation he was serving. It's a wonderful story of God working in the heart of one of His children.

Anyway, Elder Bradley has had a radio broadcast since the mid 1950's, as well as, short wave radio and is heard all over the world.

God has given Brother Bradley a gift to preach and preach he does. He does not hold back......he rightly divides the truth of God's word.

Brother, you may not care for him and that's fine. Never the less Elder Lasserre Bradley, Jr is one of the best preacher of today!!!!

I anyone would like tohear a sermon of Brother Bradley, click on my website at the bottom and start listening.

Changed like Saul,

Elder Chris Folsom
    www.pbsermons.org