1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Last controversial thread

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by alvin, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I don't have any buddies here. And alvin was the rude one, plain and simple. No one is going to answer questions after he refuses to do the same. You and he were the ones evading. I did not disagree with anything in the beginning. I answered his question honestly and asked him two questions back, which he refused to answer. Now that may not be rude where you come from, but that to ignore someone is the epitome of rudeness, and to make it worse, he then complained no one was answering him!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So you've made this whole big stank again because you couldn't get the response that you wanted. Ri-darn-diculous.

If you think somebody is that rude then stop trying to carry on a conversation with him. You came at him sideways because you didn't get the desired response and the attack hasn't stopped.

He is free to evade, ignore or just not answer whatever he wants as is anyone else. The problem with folks on here is that yall get offended if folks don't answer the way you want or answer you at all, and then the group attack starts.

Foolishness.

3. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Hey, pal, I will respond to anyone I want. If I did not ever talk to rude liberals then I would never talk to any. What do you care what I do? It's really none of your business, no offense. If you don't like what I post, then don't respond to me. Foolishness to the nth degree.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Foolishness is believing that a man that says this:

is a pastor. If he doesn't know that God has defined what sin is, then he has not read God's book.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Zaac and alvin have a serious problem, not with the response they get from others on this Forum but with what Scripture teaches. Now there are some doctrines that are hotly debated on this Board: dispensationalism vs covenant eschatology and Calvinism vs Arminianism. I have very strong opinions about each of these issues but I cannot deny that those who disagree with me can find Scriptural support for their belief.

However, there can be no question that homosexual behavior is a grievous sin, not because I say so but because Scripture says so. To insist that it is not a sin or to insist that it is of the same nature as a "little white lie", as some insisted on another thread, is absolutely false and contrary to what God has told us in Hid Revelation.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Pussyfooting about sin does not free the sinner from the chains of his ways, and trying to excuse one sin by accusing others of their sins is as foolish as well.

7. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Not exactly. "we" are agreed that since the NT clearly affirms the position on homosexuality that is upheld in the OT, it is one of those sins that is a sin accross both testaments...like adultery, like stealing. The OT speaks to adultery, and we would be foolish to simply ignore that teaching because we think the OT has nothing to teach us. The things that span the testaments are very important, and if an OT teaching is restated in the NT, then it must be important.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is possible to know with certainty to know what the Bible teaches.
    The Bible teaches, even commands,
    Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The true believer is commanded to have the mind of Christ, and thus would know the will of God, the teaching of God as given in any passage.
    What does God say?

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

We don't need the OT to demonstrate God's condemnation against this terrible wickedness. God has condemned it right here, in no uncertain terms.

It is possible to know the meaning of a passage with 100% accuracy.
    It is possible that you aren't a pastor at all.
    It is possible that you are a troll.
    It is possible that you are a gay activist.
    It is possible that you have come here to stir up trouble.

There are many possibilities. I wonder how many of the above are true?

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Alvin deserves more time here before coming to a final conclusion. However, the other one should have been gone months ago. This person holds the record for directly or indirectly accusing fellow Christian posters of either being not saved, believing false doctrine, or supporting a cause that is Satanic. Overall, the moderators do a good job, but this one fell through the cracks.

I 100% agree with you. Some things in the Bible are open to different views, and some are not. This subject is not. There are no shades of gray in same sex relationships.

Another comment about the thread itself, controversial threads. I expect from time to time sharp comments from laymen like myself. However, in general, we do not seem to be able to outdo some who claim to have been to seminary and stand in a pulpit every Sunday guiding others in the word of the Lord. I cannot understand how some of the things that are typed in posts during the week, then getting up on Sunday before a congregations with all smiles and flowery words. I wonder what the expression on the congregation's faces would be if someone from BB could get up after the sermon and read their posts aloud.

10. alvin

alvin New Member

These passages that you quote. You know without a doubt what each word means in the Greek, how the words are being used (different writers uses the sane words differently), to whom the speaker is speaking to, why he is speaking, is he speaking universally or is he speaking to a specific problem, are there any varient readings...do you know all of this with perfect clarity? Of course not. Yet you are willing to hurt others claiming God's authority to do so. This is simple common sense.

11. alvin

alvin New Member

I am surprised you abandoned the OT arguments so quickly. However, I reiterarte, how can you cite that homosexuality is an abomination without calling for their execution. Most likely because you would also have to call for execution for adulterers, sabbath breakers, disobedient children and all the rest. No one will pay attention to the Gospel message until we have a hermeneutic of consistency, context and common sense.

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

And you are willing to hurt others by allowing them to comfort themselves in their perversion?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a moot argument. The NT condemns in no uncertain terms homosexuality. The Greek is clear. The OT passages are not even necessary and therefore your inane questions don't need answering.

14. alvin

alvin New Member

I am not willing to hurt anyone. The only one deserving of chastisement are the preachers and teachers who knowingly teach hatred when they know better. Pastors are paid to reflect the views of their denomination and this has been the standard for many years. I am a Southern Baptist pastor and come under intense persecution because I will not join them in persecuting homosexuals.

15. alvin

alvin New Member

How is this an inane question. This is a question a child could ask.

16. alvin

alvin New Member

How is this: Can a Christian be a homosexual? What happens to a homosexual when he/she dies? Heaven or hell. Do not disregard these question...they are very valid questions and deserve an answer.

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Pointing out and condemning sin is not persecuting, nor is it hating.

And I might also add- Pastors are not paid "by the denomination". Perhaps your "persecution" is deserved because you will not take a stand for the truth?

18. alvin

alvin New Member

It may seem like it if you are the one being singled out. How would you feel is someone selected you for "condemnation?" What make it especially cruel is that it is done under the authority of God.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

A true Christian may have h*m* tendencies but they will not be practicing h*m*sexuals.

If they try to cling to their sin and Jesus they will be lost forever in Hell. The same goes for everyone.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We live in a dispensation of grace, not in law. Though the Jewish law concerning homosexuality governed the Jews in Moses time they do not govern us. When Jesus died he fulfilled the law; it was nailed to the cross. Furthermore, it was civil law of that day for that nation. We live under the laws of our own nation.
    Romans chapter one condemns homosexuality. God condemns it. Your rhetorical questions: "Why don't we execute them as the Jews did," are inane. We aren't the Jews, or belong to the nation of Israel. We live in another nation and in a different dispensation.
    Homosexuality is condemned in the NT. The truth of that is supported by OT teaching. But its condemnation and its judgment is fully explained in Romans chapter one.