1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Last Days Madness

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jack Matthews, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ACADEMIC

ACADEMIC New Member

Well, it is really encouraging to find a few other theologically conservaitve Baptists who have rejected dispensatoanlist views of eshatology in favor of Partial PReterist or Full Preterist views. :thumbs:

2. Jo$h

Jo$h New Member

I appriciate your questions HankD and will do the best I can to answer to them.

Most conservative Christians do not want to admit that the bible is full of figures of speech, hyperbole, similies, parables because it goes against the 21st century mindset, but it does not go against the ancient jewish mindset. Here in lies the historical-grammatical hermenutic, ie the bible was written to living breathing human beings in the past and we need to understand what it meant to them not to us.

I agree that one chapter does not cancel out the possibility, and dispensationalists support many ot prophecies being fulfilled but when it comes to stars falling, mountains melting etc., and because of the wooden literal hermenutic they are forced to say it hasn't been fulfilled or make up a dual-fulfillment theory.

As far as drawing the line on literal or spritual.
    Just let the NT writers and their spiritual application to physcial ot passages do the interpreting for you. Since THEY were the ones under the guidance of the Holy Spirit in interpretiing OT prophecy. Remember they did not have the NT so ALL of their theology was from the OT (moses and the prophets).

#42 Jo$h, Aug 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006
  3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I am only commenting on this ONE stupid thing your friend John Gill has said. Apparently he is not very well educated for he says "...other lands and countries were not usually divided into tribes..."

What an idiot!!! Does he know anything aboutNorth America? Of South America? Or Africa? Or Asia? Or the Middle east? Or Europe?
    Mankind has ALWAYS divided himself into tribes since the days of the Tower of Babel.

I would not trust anything this clown says based on this one comment alone. Apparently he lives in a cave and has never ventured out of it.

Grasshopper; I think you need another 'authority' for this one has let you down miserably!:laugh: :laugh:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:applause: :laugh:

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gill may have been many things, but no-one ,except you, would use the word "stupid" concerning him. Of course I'm sure you have no clue who John Gill was so I take your statement with a grain of salt. Is there a reason you didn't address the other parts, or were you just wanting to take a personal shot?