1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Late Night Talk show

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 25, 2013.

?
  1. None of them.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. David Letterman

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Craig Ferguson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jimmy Kimmel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jimmy Fallon

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. Jay Leno

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Conan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Carson Daly

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Which Late night talk show do you watch, if any?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I typically only watch late night shows on Thursday and Friday nights, but here goes...

David Letterman is an unfunny egotistical bore, and a very un-Christian person as well. Letterman will openly mock and ridicule Christians. He wears his leftist views on his sleeve. Craig Ferguson is funny, but also has a potty mouth. I will flick channels during commercials between Jimmy Fallon and Ferguson. I haven't seen Jimmy Kimmel too much, he just got put into the time slot opposite Letterman and Leno. I like his wry delivery, I'd say he has potential. I hope he can siphon viewers from Letterman. Conan's brand of humor just doesn't suit me. I just don't think he's very funny. I've never seen Carson Daly.

That leaves Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon. Leno is a decent, down to earth person. Unpretentious and gives a great monologue. He recently turned down a raise in order to keep TV crew members employed. IMO, Jimmy Fallon is the funniest, most talented of the bunch. He's a writer, actor, and he can sing, play musical instruments, and dance as well. He's very good at improvisation. I have seen him poke fun of Christians, but then he pokes fun of just about everyone. I especially like his Thank You notes segment which he does every Friday night after the monologue.

#2 InTheLight, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013