1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Latest NEWS: Trump Cheated at Recent Debate!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 5, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's hardly grasping at straws to point out that Trump has a profoundly corrupt character. If he can't even obey the rules of the debate (indeed, he publicly flaunted them), then why does anyone expect him to obey the laws of the land, respect the will of the people, be restrained by the constitution, or treat anyone with honesty and dignity?

What is most appalling to me is that people who are allegedly followers of Jesus gladly follow him. How can one pray, "...thy Kingdom come..." while supporting someone who wants to create a nation-state that is opposing to the Kingdom of God. Obviously, we don't look to political candidates to spread the Kingdom of God, but we certainly don't want to be advocates of persons who want to turn our society into something that more completely opposes the Kingdom of God.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the last debate Trump confirmed as President be would order the military to do waterboarding and kill the children of terrorists.

When further questioned, "Those are criminal acts, those are war crimes, what will you do if they refuse to obey you?" Trump responded, "They'll obey me. They'll obey me."

The next day, apparently after being schooled on the matter, Trump meekly reversed his position.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As far as I could tell, there was a whole lot of "breaking of the debate rules". That's one of the reasons why I turned the joke off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think, and I can't speak for ALL believers; that Evangelicals are following Trump not because of his stellar witness or claims to be a Christian, but because of all the candidates, they see him most capable of protecting their religious freedoms from those coming from abroad, and over our borders! That he is most likely to do the things, as outrageous as they are, he has said he would, versus the typical politician! I don't believe support for Trump is an endorsement of his religious character or lack of it, but an endorsement for change from the typical and downward spiral of this nation at the hands of the political class!

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then those Christians are quite deceived. With Trump, the threat to religious liberty in the man himself, not a threat coming from somewhere else. He has explicitly opposed religious liberty by suggesting that one's religious beliefs should determine whether or not they enter the country, and whether or not they enter under government surveillance. This is completely counter to the letter and spirit of the First Amendment. Moreover, the Baptist movement has historically stood for religious liberty for all people - including Muslims - so one should consider whether or not one is truly a Baptist if he or she doesn't believe in religious liberty for all.

Trump is definitely NOT a defender of religious freedom.

Yes, and that's a problem. If someone tells me he wants to dismantle the First Amendment's provision on freedom of speech and religious liberty, that's bad enough. But if that person is someone who I believe will actually try to follow through with it, that's even worse.

So the solution is to take control away from the mediocre and corrupt and turn it over to someone who doesn't even make a pretense of caring about the Constitution, the dignity of other people, and has NO experience leading people who are not sycophants?

Widespread "Christian" support for Trump is clear evidence of the profound failure of the majority of the American church over the last 50 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Possibly. But I really can't see how folks don't understand that. If evangelicals could separate the Mormon's religion since we "Weren't electing a pastor", I don't see why it should be so difficult to separate Trump's lack of religion?

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that last debate was a debacle. A potential seven on one ambush was all that one was, with only Kasich not taking the moderator's bait. Low point was Megyn debating Trump, as if she was a candidate herself.

Trainwreck, trash, hope FOX News bans Trump from their next debate for breaking their stupid, arbitrary rules but they won't.