1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Latest Victories...More Sponsors Pull Out of Offensive TV Shows...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 16, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Thanks to your online activism efforts we continue to mount victories against the entertainment media that seeks to corrupt our children, and corporations that sponsor such programming.

Here are the latest:
    Advertisers Dropping Sponsorship of "Paradise Hotel" Continues to Grow

Burger King, Alberto-Culver, Rent-a-Center, and, most recently, McDonalds have all dropped their ads on FOX network's "Paradise Hotel."

Rent-A-Center wrote OMM, "We regret that we were not aware of the program content before the commercial ran and have gone to great lengths to ensure that this will not happen again. The spot has been pulled."

Rubbermaid and Office Depot End Sponsorship of FX's "Lucky"

Within hours of being contacted by OneMillionMoms/Dads, Rubbermaid announced FX's "Lucky" did not reflect their corporate values and that Rubbermaid would not advertise on the show again. Office Depot spokesperson Brian Levine told OMM/OMD they will no longer sponsor "Lucky" on the FX Network.

As you can see, the campaign continues to grow in numbers and as a reckoning force for corporate advertisers. That being said, cable networks are getting worse by the week.

LINK

2. cheerfreakus

cheerfreakus New Member

Its about time advertisers have pulled support for some of the garbage on TV. The filth that you try to pass as entertainment is disgusting. All these reality TV shows have gone way too far. They will do anything to get viewers to watch. They are ultimately selling liars and cheaters. I cannot believe how the morals of our country are disintegrating by the minute. It’s a breath of fresh air to hear the some of the companies that fill the advertising time are pulling their ads in protest. I hope more will follow their example.
    In Christ Name
    Ashley

3. I Am Blessed 24

Ashley: This happens because we Christians have been signing petitions, otherwise these sponsors would still be sponsoring.

Some of us get online alerts about objectionable programs and we post on here where you can go to send an email of disapproval to the sponsors.

It WORKS! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sue

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just think - this is all being accomplished by the free market, not by government fiat.

Freedom works, folks! [​IMG]

6. I Am Blessed 24

A good start would be to go to the sites that Diane listed and subscribe to their FREE newsletters. [​IMG]

7. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Absolutely! Plus, I always have the freedom to select another station or to turn off the TV entirely and do something else.

8. I Am Blessed 24

That is fine for you, but what about all the teens who are unsupervised? You're not getting why Christians should want this smut off the air.

9. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

That is why televisions now come with a V-Chip. You can block out programming by rating. Plus, most cable & satellite providers also allow you to block entire channels. Parental supervision...it's a good thing!

I would hate to see all programming dumbed down to the level of a child. Not all programs are suitable for children, but may be fine for adults. I don't want to watch Mr. Rogers all day!

Just like on the BB, we have password protected forums for more adult conversation not suitable for kids. You have the same ability to control what is displayed on your television.

[ July 19, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: ColoradoFB ]

10. I Am Blessed 24

Yes, I agree, but do you not know any parents who could care less what their kids watch as long as they are not bugging THEM??? :(

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just remember, we were not put on this earth to be a flyswatter. [​IMG]

But I heartily approve of those who work through the free market instead of trying to enforce their wants through government fiat. [​IMG]

12. new man

new man New Member

The way I see it, if my kids shouldn't watch it I probably shouldn't either.

Russ <><