1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Laws on Marriage/Family

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

As was pointed out back on page 2, virtually all laws are the imposition of morality. When you have a law against stealing, it is an imposition of morality, and no one claims that it is okay simply because some like to steal.

The fact of who likes it or how popular does not change the basic facts of nature and creation. However, I am not saying necessarily that their behavior should be illegal. That is a whole different issue. But the fact that their behavior is legal does not mean that we recognize their behavior by calling it something it is not (marriage).

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True.

And better the morality of the Bible than that of the Koran (as in Iran or with the Taliban).

And better the morality of the Bible as interpreted by Prostestant thought than Catholic (as laws in Frace, Quebec, etc).

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I can relate to some of this as the single mother of a son. Single mothers are treated as one of the lowest "life forms" in society and they don't always fare that great in the church, either.

And sometimes it seems, limited compassion.

You are ignoring the hordes of single mothers and some fathers who have to work. Do you know how painful it was for me to hear Christians go on and on about staying at home with your child when I had to work to support and feed mine? I would have loved to stay home or at least been at home when my son came home from school! :(

I'd like to see Christians act out of compassion when it comes to politics and not just morality. Wait a minute -- shouldn't those 2 go together?

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The morality of the bible is losing ground in America.
    Of course it's the best there is, but you simply cannot have a free theocracy.
    Gina