1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lawsuit Filed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 8, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9920

A prominent Philadelphia attorney and Hillary Clinton supporter filed suit this afternoon in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission. The action seeks an injunction preventing the senator from continuing his candidacy and a court order enjoining the DNC from nominating him next week, all on grounds that Sen. Obama is constitutionally ineligible to run for and hold the office of President of the United States.

Philip Berg, the filing attorney, is a former gubernatorial and senatorial candidate, former chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery (PA) County, former member of the Democratic State Committee, and former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania. According to Berg, he filed the suit--just days before the DNC is to hold its nominating convention in Denver--for the health of the Democratic Party.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Frivolous lawsuits are signed all the time. This is more the norm than news.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're certainly right about that.

The DNC was served with the suit 9/4. I'm unsure if Obama has been officially served yet.

A judge has denied the request for an injunction, but did not toss out the suit.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old news. This has been done before and nothing happened. Also, all the headlines I saw and the articles say "Berg a Clinton supporter." Carpo's is the only one that says Clinton is involved. I do not believe she is stupid enough to join such a lawsuit. It would be political suicide and also insure McCain's election.

Such silly rumors and silly law suits should be ignored. It probably is part of the "big lie" technique that a few people will believe.

5. targus

targus New Member

Where does Capro say that Clinton is involved?

Perhaps you should read his post again.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right, the post does day Hillary supporter. I had not had my morning cup of coffee when I read the post.

Anyway, it is groundless, old news.

And in this country you can sue anyone for anything. Of course, the judge may throw it out as does happen.

It is obvious that the charge is and was meaningless, an attention getter. Obama would never have gotten to the primaries if the charge were true. It is too easy to check on the birth of a person.;

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

You'd better hope so.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too bad judges don't throw frivolous suits out more often

Here in NY, a judge running for election is allowed to publicly say where he went to school, the jobs he has had, and well thats about it. They are not permitted to comment on how they would rule on cases. (unlike the way the US Senate likes to drill SCOUS nominees)
    So how can you tell how good a (local) judge will be?
    So

9. billwald

billwald New Member

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is the reason for him being constitutionally unable to run for the presidency :confused:

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'd say lack of competence but that's not unconstitutional nor uncommon!

Regardless, this seems like another attempt to misuse the courts to decide something that's suppose to be decided in a totally different venue.