1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Learning from David and Michal

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ingo Breuer, May 2, 2009.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then regarding Isaiah... I'm not talking about my opinion. Why should I play if you're not going to?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I asked you a question. A question answered with another question is not an answer at all. So why won't you answer my question? It is not a game. I simply asked you a question. Do you have any good reason for not answering a question, other than the reason that you know that it will defeat every argument that you have presented thus far concerning David?

3. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why won't you answer mine? Your statement could drastically change the conditions for this argument so if I'm to answer a question based off of the conditions of that statement I need some clarification.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is my original post, my original post to you. Before this post I had not even posted in this thread.

Please answer the question. It is simple. I don't know what further clarification it needs as the context is already given.

5. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I need further clarification because the statement I asked you about apparently goes against everybody else's opinion on this subject, which is that David never got anywhere near naked in the first place. So, this means that either maybe I'm right about this, or that you're being misleading and dishonest. I'd really like to know which one before I consider keeping up this silly back and forth conversation that two twelve year olds could have sounded more intelligent in.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It doesn't matter whatever everyone else's opinion is does it. You came on this thread and boldly stated your opinion without regard to anyone else's opinion, feelings, thoughts, etc. So that doesn't matter at all. Whether you are right or wrong is up to you. You have been adamant throughout that you are right and have been presenting evidence to prove that you are right. Are you about to change your mind now? Many would be happy if you came out and stated as much.

You have tried to harmonize different Scriptures to show that David was a homosexual. One of them was appealing to David's nakedness.
    Now I have offered you another Scripture, referring to Isaiah's nakedness. This is only the natural course of events in debate. Are you willing to debate or not? Give your opinion on Isaiah's nakedness. What have you to lose, except your own integrity on a refusal to answer a simple question that relates to this debate. The others following this debate will see that your position is weak and untenable because you are unable to answer a simple question concerning Isaiah's nakedness? It is up to you to defend your postion. Otherwise we all assume that your position is very weak and untenable.

7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe once I figure out if you think I'm right about David being naked, or if you're intentionally being misleading and dishonest. Just like I said a couple posts up. You say this doesn't matter and are trying to move on without answering, probably because you're being misleading and dishonest and don't believe he got naked in front of Jonathan even though that's what you said. Well that's not a debate, that's a one sided entrapment scheme, so for now I'm done.

#47 corndogggy, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Since the question cannot be answered your arguments are void and null.
    You have made claims that you cannot substantiate. They cannot be substantiated on the basis of the Isaiah passage. The Isaiah passage proves all your previous arguments false. You have just lost this debate, and any reasonable person can see this. This is the reason that you won't answer this question. You are right. There is no reason to continue this debate. For you have stated many things that are outright false; lies to be exact. You have belittled the Scriptures and lied about the characters therein. Failure to comment on Isaiah only proves this statement even more.

9. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one that never really started because you wouldn't admit that you're intentionally being dishonest and misleading, trying to get into the debate under false pretenses? :laugh:

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Corndoggy,

I think you are getting a bit wrongly agitated here. DHK is asking you to compare David's nakedness and Isaiah's nakedness. Were they the same? If not, why not?

11. historyb

historyb New Member

He is afraid to answer

12. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you guys are so anxious to compare naked guy stories, why not also mention Noah and what Ham did to him while he was passed out drunk and naked? How about the young man who ran off naked when Judas and his posse showed up to arrest Jesus? When Saul stripped down and prophesized before Samuel? When Peter was fishing naked on a boat along with several other men?

13. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Let's compare them all. How are they similar to David and how are they different.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Have at it. Take each passage one at a time and show how each person was "naked."

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I repeat the above.

And please read padredurand's post #30.

16. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Boy this really jumped the topic like Evel Knievel! I think its troubling when someone seems to defend homo stance because Romans warns about approving others who practice such things. Which make you wonder where corn is coming from. Can you shoot STRAIGHT corn?

#56 Jedi Knight, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

excellent post.

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an amusing thread.
    Here we have corndoggy who obviously has a friend, acquaintance, or relative who is homosexual who is very much involved in homosexual thinking and in spreading the homosexual agenda, and on the other side we have those who are kneejerk in their defense of David just because he is said to be a man after God's own heart.

Now, don't get me wrong.

I believe neither David nor Jonathan were homosexual, nor their relationship homosexual.

But let's think about it.

IF David and Jonathan were bi's, or one was out and out homosexual, and the Lord Jesus Christ had a homosexual ancestor, or one who at a time in his life had a bisexual tendency, doesn't that all the more magnify the humanity of Jesus Christ and the grace of God ?

Why should we think it not odd that the Lord had a whore for an ancestor, Rahab, but offensive that one ancestor is a homosexual or sodomite or at one time had been involved in a homosexual relationship ? Or a Gentile dog, as in Ruth, (according to Jewish thinking) for an ancestor but not a sodomite ?

Is a homosexual, the person (not the lifestyle), out of God's grace ?

What I am saying is: nothing should come as a surprise to us with regards to the depravity of human nature, and the grace of Divine nature.

#58 pinoybaptist, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw nothing "knee jerk" whatsoever in the replies.

20. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh wow, finally a well thought out level-headed intelligent post! I'm pleasantly surprised. However, I have to point out that your first assumption is wrong. The few gay acquaintences that I know are hardly one to spread this agenda, and they're definitely not one to be publicly defending the lifestyle with these passages about David, they're pretty quiet about it.

There's a difference between saying something happened and defending it or promoting it. I mean, just in one chapter in the bible a woman was gang raped by a gay mob, then murdered and chopped up into 12 pieces by her husband, but saying these things happened is hardly defending them and saying it's ok.