1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Least Favorite NFL player

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NateT, Jan 27, 2005.

1. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

robycop3 writes'

"Living within the Bengals' market area, I've seen some real busts made by the Brown family, drafting players who weren't really that good to start with, and wondering why they flopped. First on that list is Akili Smith. Nothing against him; the Brown family simply overrated him. Then there was David Klingler, who hadn't played against that many top-class opponents in college. Can't blame Ki-Jana Carter for what happened to him, getting a torn ACL on his very first NFL carry."

Now easy on the Brown family. In Akili Smiths junior year he...uh...well, anyway, Klingler I believe came out of the run and shoot in Houston and played ...well...uh...TCU?....U.C.?...before conference USA? But hey, KI-Jana Carter came out of Penn state which have produced a number of high class NFL running backs in the last 10 years such as....um....ah, just forget it. Lets just say I'm grateful for Mike Browns change of heart and hiring Marvin Lewis. My season tickets will be arriving this June.

2. travisbaptist12

travisbaptist12 New Member

Why Terrell Owens? Sure, he may be a little loud mouthed, but he is truly an unselfish player. On Super Bowl sunday, he's going to put his personal health on the line for the betterment of his team. He's working harder than anyone could ask him to get out on the field.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I would hardly say he is unselfish. He is a showboat. When he pulled out the Sharpie, it was all about self. When he ran out an spiked the ball on the Dallas star it was all about self. If you want an unselfish player, try Barry Sanders.

4. travisbaptist12

I'd have to say my least favorite is......wow, this is tough. I don't really not like a player. I really don't like Randy Moss, but I live in Minnesota so on the field I like him. Also, he's to obvious a choice. I know my least favorite coach is Bill Parcells. Possibly the most overrated coach of all time. I hate the packers, but I respect Favre to much to call him my least favorite player. I'd have to say...Corey Dillion. Whiney baby in Cincy, he should have just shut up considering he had a chance to leave and signed for a ton of money. He took money over winning, he should have had to stay there and face the consequences. Then he sells out and goes to the Patriots. Reminds me of my least favorite athlete, Alex Rodriguez.;

5. travisbaptist12

So he showboats, the guy's putting his lively hood on the line for his team. If he gets hit the wrong way on his ankle,held together by pins, not only is his career over, he may never be able to walk right again. This is at least a 10 week injury, it's only been 7, and he's going to play, talk about desire. Talk about drive, sacrifice, motivation, and unselfishness. How many other players could you honestly say would do what T.O. is going to do? Come back on a injured body part to help his team. I could count on one hand. One of those players is his team mate, and for my money the best player in the game Donovan McNabb. I know he's one of those players because I watched him do it 3 years ago. Another one of those players is Ray Lewis. How also is a showboat, but no one condems him. All anyone talks about is his desire, his passion, his drive. T.O. is about to do something on par with Curt Schilling and the bloody sock(though I'm young, I think that was the greatest sports moment of all time.) So I say we stop just talking about T.O. as a passionless selfish showboat, and start talking about his passion, his drive, his desire, his willingness to put his health and career on the line for his team.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I didn't say he was passionless. I said you can't call him unselfishness. He constantly draws the attention to himself and that, by definition, is not unselfish.

I don't put much stock in the "putting his body on the line." This is an easy decision. Of course you play. You will have 6 months to recuperate, and this may be your only shot at the Super Bowl. I think it is more about him than his team.

I would put Ray Lewis in the same category. These guys act like they have never done any thing great before.

Curt Schilling is a great example of the other side of sports. He didn't showboat or draw a lot of attention to himself. He did his business.

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

As a Red Sox fan it's painful to hear T.O. compared with Curt Shilling. Shilling is the man in the bay state. I think Ray Lewis is probably my least favorite player. I thought he was kind of mediocre in performance this season. I'm thrilled that Tedy Bruschi gets to replace him in the probowl next week.

8. onecoolcanuk

onecoolcanuk Guest

I would have said Terrell Owens before but after his effort last night he earned some of my respect.

I can't stand Randy Moss. :( and I can't stand Tedy Bruschi. The guy has a girly name (what man calls himself 'Tedy'), and he looks like Ponch from the old CHIPs show.

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

You're killing me, h-daddy! How can you hate Bruschi. He's an undersized linebacker that gives 110% in every game. Ok,he even talks like Ponch from CHIPs- -I'll give you that, but he is a GREAT player.

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Randy Moss went to HS not that far from me, and ever since he foolishly took place in a racially-motivated brawl in HS, he's had a troublemaker label attached to him.

He's admitted to several mistakes. The first was his involvement with that brawl, which initially hadn't concerned him at all. One of his best friends was Jason Williams, a white kid who ended up an NBA star.

Next came the pot use. He was enticed by some older people. He said, "Never again" as he became concerned for his health.

Then came the dispute with his former girlfriend. HER parents stated to the police SHE had started it when he came to visit their child, but Moss, the big, strong athlete, got the blame in the media for picking on that little, defenseless woman, who suffered NO injury while Moss left some skin under her fingernails & had a necklace ripped from around his neck to be used as a whip against him.

The incident with the traffic officer was more HER fault than his. Did she REALLY expect to stop a car with her body? Why did she not merely note the license #, and, if she knew who was driving, report him? Not that he's blameless, but how much hoopla would there have been if it were Jude The Obscure driving the car?

When he "mooned" the Green Bay fans, it was a satire of some of those fans who LITERALLY mooned visiting teams as their buses left the stadium.

Seems that ever since that unfortunate high school incident, Moss has been held to a much-higher behavioral standard than many other celebrities, let alone ordinary people.

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

A certain Ex-St.Louis Cardinal turned sportscaster.

12. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

Having lived in San Diego for years and while there I became a Charger fan, so by default my least favorite player would be any player who plays for the raiders. Same concept in baseball with the Padres and that team from LA...

If the Chargers only won two games a year, if they were the raider games, then that year was a success.

This year I watched one complete game, that is more football than I have watched in three years.

MY oh my, how we get worked up over sports, yet many of the same Christians who can tell you stats from years ago, cannot learn enough Scripture to lead someone to Jesus, also many who will talk about their team and the game, would not think of telling people they work with...

Hey let me tell you what happened in Church yesterday...

Oh well let me get off of my soapbox.

God Bless

Bro. Fred

13. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

My least favorite player is any one that cant score a touchdown without doing the boogie-woogie in the end zone. What happened to the good old days when a man scored a touchdown he just humbly walked back to the sideline.

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree. I can't stand when a tackle is made and the there is a taunting and flexing of muscles as if it was one man who made the play. Stupid.
    Like when Mel Trotter from the Eagles does it and the offense is 2nd down and 5 to go. Last time I checked Mr. Trotter, 2 and 5 is a good thing for the offense, quite your boasting!

15. onecoolcanuk

onecoolcanuk Guest

You're killing me, h-daddy! How can you hate Bruschi. He's an undersized linebacker that gives 110% in every game. Ok,he even talks like Ponch from CHIPs- -I'll give you that, but he is a GREAT player. </font>[/QUOTE]Hey PatsFan, I'm not saying he's a bad player. Obviously he's pretty good eh? I think it's just that I picked up on the fact he looks like Ponch and plays for a team I hate. :( Maybe if he were on the Colts I would feel differently.

16. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I guess I would hate the Pats if I was a Colts fan too. Manning probably has nightmares about Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison. Perhaps you do too?

17. MasterWalk

MasterWalk New Member

I will say that the Dallas Cowboys have never been the same since Tom Landry was fired as head coach. Coach Landry was a good Christian man and he set a good example for his players.
    Every pro football team has some bad apples on their rosters, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Washington just to name the ringleaders. Also, any team who gets stuck with Randy Moss!

[​IMG]

18. MasterWalk

MasterWalk New Member

The Dallas Cowboys are not the only "dopeheads" in pro football! I have some respect for Favre because he played his heart out after his dad suffered a heart attack while driving.
    Terrell Owens does nothing but make enemies in every town his team plays in. I think I would try to make friends instead. [​IMG]

19. MasterWalk

MasterWalk New Member

I definitely agree that Peyton Manning is a breath of fresh air! A much needed breath of fresh air in pro football.

[​IMG]

20. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

And then he came to Philly.

Since he's been here, he's been welcomed with open arms and everyone around the league who knows him has said that he's changed since he's been here.

I know it sounds hard for some people to believe, but he's turned out to be one of the stand up guys on the Eagles.

Now that I know a little more about him, following him close up, I know that I misjudged him when he was with the 'Niners.