1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lee Strobel

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Dec 9, 2005.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

How do you mesaure his awsomeness

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of him so you can start there I guess

:D

3. UnchartedSpirit

The Case For Christ
    The Case For Faith

I've only read the latter one and it had a summary of TCFC, but he's super! That could be a type of plgrimage for secular journalists....

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lee is on staff at Saddleback where Rick Warren is the pastor. He was on staff at Willlow Creek at one time. I think he came to Christ at Willow Creek.

5. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

I was given "The Case For Faith" at a Willow Creek church in Austin, Texas.

I love it, it really has some great insight into why we beleive in our faith.

I am very impressed with the way he went about getting his information from the many scholars he interviewed.

If you need a real faith builder, read this book.

6. UnchartedSpirit

plus RZ is in it!!!!!!!!

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have to admit that I did love the Case for Christ, yet I gave it to a non Christian friend to read, and said he did not like it. I think that what he did not like was being challenged with better reasoning than what comes from the Athiest - Agnostic books he is into.

8. west

west New Member

I read The Case For Christ and
    The Case For Faith loved them both .I want to read his Case for Creation next Lord Wills .

9. jesusrocks

jesusrocks New Member

how many "The Case for ______" books does Strobel have?

which one should would you who have read him recommend reading first?

10. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The logical progression would be, I think to start with 'Faith.'

There's a new one (I think it's new) called "A Case for Christmas." sounds like a good one for witnessing around this time. I do like his work.

But, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for "A Case for the Rapture," though. He's a regular on the Hank Hanagraff "Bible Answer Man" program, and I believe shares Hank's preterist views.

11. jesusrocks

jesusrocks New Member

makes sense to read them in a logical progression... though, I suppose that one could argue that understand Christ would inspire a want of faith... I'll have to mull it over.

As for the "rapture" one, it probably couldn't hurt to read it (and I'd be relieved that he at least has reasons for holding the view he does)... but even if I were disagree with his conclusion and some of his premises, I might be able to gain a better understanding of where preterists are coming from and that's always helpful.

12. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I think that it would be best to read case for christ first. That is because I am a calculating, logic based person.

Those who are more idea based would enjoy case for faith.

Those who have a PHD would enjoy Case for Creation. It was way over my heard, but I enjoyed what I did understand!

I have given Case for Christ to many unsaved, but if you arent around to talk them through it, it might not help. They have to have somewhere to go to answer the questions that it brings up. If you arent knowledgable on the subject, you can find someone who is.

The case for easter and case for christmas are smaller books and are partially excerpts from the Faith and Christ books. Unless you are particularly interested in them, I wouldnt purchase them if you already have the others.

13. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such book. I was being sarcastic. Sorry that wasn't clear.

But don't get me wrong, I do like the books he has written. The "Case for a Creator" was very heavy in the science department, but then a book on that subject needs to be to be credible. People need to hear that there are serious scientists who believe in creation.

14. jesusrocks

jesusrocks New Member

oh! lol, sorry, I'm not very familiar with Strobel (he's one of the few Christian authors I just haven't sat down and read).

I guess college really doesn't teach you everything! (lol)

15. Jer2913

Jer2913 New Member

I'm thinking it should be "The Case for a Creator" "The Case for Faith" and then "The Case for Christ".
    I would give more info on why, but I can't completely remember why I thought they should go in that order, it's been a little while since I read the Faith and Christ books, I'm reading the Creator book right now. But I think that's the order I thought it should be in. I know that for the Creator book, I think it should go first 'cause it goes down to the basic thing of their IS a God! :-D Then for the next two, it tells you which one makes more sense to believe in. :)

Jer2913

16. YP Joe

YP Joe New Member

Be careful...his case for creation promotes Theistic Evolution. Sure, a great deal of good information, but a little leaven leaventh the whole lump!

17. Jer2913

Jer2913 New Member

That's a good point which I noticed when I read some of the book. My main thing I like about the book is that it proves atheism wrong.

Jer2913

18. Erin

Erin New Member

I've read The Case for Faith when I was not yet Christian, and still hoovering around as a satanic witch. It helped me move into my Christian beliefs. I've always wanted to read The Case for Christ. I've heard it's awesome.

19. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Case for Christ is the first one that he wrote, I read that one first and would not hesitate to reccommend it to anyone. It is a very well written book, and an excellent book to loan to people that you would like to share the Gospel with!

20. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The Case for Christ was a great read. His research and depth were great. I consider it a must read.