1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Left Behind

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Preacher Nathan Knight, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I read the first 50 pages this morning, as I sat outside getting some wonderful warm sunshine looking up at a crystal blue sky from my backyard in Sunny Southern California. It's really good so far.

Thanks for calling my attention to the book coming out. I'm glad I bought it.

Sue- if you liked the movies, you would probably really love the books, they are 100 times better. I wish you lived close, I would loan them to you.

I went to the official web-site, not the one that was posted earlier, but the real one, and the authors signed a contract for 12 books. Armaggedon is #11. Only 1 more to go.

In Christ,
    Laurenda [​IMG]

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Thank goodness.

3. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

i think the people left behind will be able to get saved however, it will be harder since the holy ghost is not here to convict them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Of course people will get saved after the rapture. Contrary to BB's assertion, the timing of the rapture is not explicitly stated. It is a result of one's theology of other matters (church/Israel for one).

Where is the Holy Spirit going to go? I thought he was omnipresent.

Daniel David
    Anti-Larkinist
    True Dispensationalist

5. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Thank goodness. </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you care? It's not like you read them, or have any desire to right? What difference could it possibly make to you?

:D Laurenda :D

P.S. just out of couriosity...Why did you change your name again? Are Daniel and David your boys names? or is that your real name? [​IMG]

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. I care because false teachers are everywhere and they make the job of the preacher harder by introducing their easy-believism on such a wide scale.

2. I used to before I saw the easy-believism.

3. Same as 1.

4. Yes.

7. Tim

Tim New Member

How could there be a revival without the work of the Holy Spirit? Can't happen.

You've got to put basic soteriology above speculative eschatology.

In Christ,

Tim

8. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

One thing that I did see was I take the stance that the people would just fall over dead rather than their flesh disappear.
    Just my thoughts on it. ;)
    Oh, one more thing I do believe the people left behind will have only little hope to be saved and there would be much more panic on their part when they did realize it. Bad acting?

[ April 11, 2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Matthew 16:24 ]

9. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Okay, now you sound just like my husband. He thinks it's funny when given a multiple choice question to answer "yes" too. Unless of course you named your son's after yourself...in which case pardon me for thinking you were trying to be funny.

So are you a practicing pastor then? I was under the impression that you are a Bible student. Is that too personal? It's not exactly a soup question. ;)

Do works of fiction usually pose a problem to pastors? Why is that? Does it enterfere with people knowing the truth somehow? I mean if you want to know about God, you read the Bible, you don't pick up a novel. JMO.

Laurenda

10. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

That's what I would think too. I mean when you die your soul leaves but your body stays. Maybe they presented it this way just to make it more interesting to read.

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hey WS: [​IMG]

Thanks for the offer! I will see if the library has them. I don't want to buy any books at this time. Since we have moved I have been selling most of my books on ebay. Hey! There's another place I could look!

[​IMG]
    Sue

12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Regardless of what some members of the board say, I have enjoyed the Left Behind series. I would like to get the entire series on CD so I can listen to them while driving.

I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, although I acknowledge that I could be wrong. One problem here is that some think they have all the future working of God figured out. We might all be surprised to find out that we don't know nearly as much as we think we do.

13. I Am Blessed 24

Terry; They have the whole 'Left Behind' collection of CDs and books on ebay auctions and they are much cheaper than you could buy them new. I am going to start collecting the books. Last time I looked, they had over 500 listings!

You can buy them one at a time or a whole collection. They are very hot items right now!

Blessings,
    Sue

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Sue,

I am waiting until the entire series is complete to buy them on CD. I think they still have one book to write.

15. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are probably as many views on the return of Christ as there are baptists [​IMG]

You will certainly find Pre-tribulation, (in MAY forms), Post-tribulation, and A-millenialist views here. Sometimes people get really wound up about them.

Personally I'm a-millenialist, and recont he 'Left Behind' series is as theologcally sound as Star Trek. BUT having said that, the return of Christ will happen in His way, in His time, and THEN we will be able to say "So that's exactly how it happens' and not until then.

"Even so, Lord Jesus, come"

Regards
    Bob

16. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I have Tim LaHaye's commentary on Revelation - as well as several others - used them all when I preached through Revelation.

I enjoy the books - the current one is the only one that I have not read yet (I have it - just haven't found time to read it yet).

I am pre-trib/pre-mill - the few things that I have found that I disagree with are not overly important (in my opinion).

I have and have watched both videos released so far. The first one might be a little hard to follow if you are not already: a Christian; or pre-trib/pre-mill.

My thoughts on the Holy Spirit and the Tribulation:
    1. No one gets saved - has ever been saved - in any dispensation (yes - I am a dispensationalist) without the convicting of the Holy Spirit.
    2. The ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Tribulation will be similar to His ministry prior to the day of Pentecost.

Rev. 7:14 - ...These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, andk made them white in the blood of the Lamb. --in context seems to indicate that many will be saved during tribulation.

17. I Am Blessed 24

There is also a "Left Behind" series of books for children.

Blessings,
    Sue

18. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

That's what I would think too. I mean when you die your soul leaves but your body stays. Maybe they presented it this way just to make it more interesting to read. </font>[/QUOTE]This is the first time I have ever heard anyone mention this notion. It isn't quite sound scripturally. Here's why.

I Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Notice it is the PHYSICAL BODIES of the dead that will rise (there spirit is already with the Lord). It isn't logical that the bodies of the living will be left behind.

I Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Notice, "we shall not all sleep". We shall not all have our spirits leave our bodies (die). Those that are alive at the time of the rapture (caught up) will be changed into our immortal bodies.

It is good to have a stance but, always have your stance based on scripture.

19. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

That isn't how I learned to interpret that passage.

It is better to while voicing your stance, not belittle those that have come to a different understanding of the same scripture. I will thank you to not make judgements of what I believe based on your assumptions that I am ignorant of the Bible in the future. Thank you.

In Christ,
    Laurenda

20. Gib

Gib Active Member

I'm waiting on the cliff notes.