1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Left Foot Of Fellowship

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by evangelistsb, Mar 19, 2006.

1. evangelistsb

evangelistsb New Member

Last evening upon returning to Gastonia, NC to my home, I found out my church got together and voted me out of the church. There reason was: 1. I was a dictator, 2. I didn't and would not preach the message of The Purpose Driven Life (a seacker sinsitive mesage) 3. The did not want the old hymnals any more. I was told that we meeded a Bible and a message that was relavent for today.

Well, I was a Pastor yesterday and an evangelist today. I know I will stand firm an Gods word! And folks, I am in a place right now though that I have never been before. And not really sure what to do. I have my own internet radio station and website (which is very costly, in which comes out of my pocket) so finaces are getting ready to run out. Not to mention a few medical problems. I guess the only thing to do is go back to preching on the circut. Don't have any time to waste here so If any one has any suggestions ar comments I am very willing to hear them. And pastor if you would like to book me for a meeting, revival, campmeeting, song service (I play 6 different instuments and sing) [PM member for details] God bless you.

Edited to remove solicitation - prohibited by BB rules

[ March 19, 2006, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Without knowing you, I can't really comment, except to say that you may be a dictator, or they may have been simply looking for an excuse to get rid of you. It's easy to throw this accusation around, just as on many politics forums, people resort to calling each other "Nazis" or "Hitler".

Good for you! Stick to it!

The Bible is relevant for all ages, including today. Biblical exposition is never out of date. The hymnals are simply a matter of taste preferences for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

While I understand the poster's feelings let us remember that every story has two sides. It is unfair to judge this church based on hearing only half the story.

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Hence my replies to 1 and 3; I don't know both sides of the issue. No matter what, he should stick by number 2; I don't need to know both sides of the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

I don't know both sides of the story either, however until I do, the benifit of my doubt always goes to the side of the pastor. Preacher, you have a lot of company. What happened to you happens every day. Don't know how far you are from Conistee (sp) but I have a friend there by the name of Tony Finney at First Baptist Church. Bro. Tony or Evangelist Milton Taylor out of his church could help you out and help get you on the right track again. I am a long ways away from you but you ever up our way give me a holler.

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

CORRECTION, After scanning your web page I find you might have some trouble with the fellows I told you about. They are Baptist! I don't go along with some of the stuff on your web page either. I should have gone to your web site before I made my assumptions. However, the offer still stands here. You ever get up my way look me up, and bring your note book as I can help straighten you out on some Baptist doctrines.

8. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Interesting first post...

I would say that if this is the way it happened to you that things must have been broken for awhile...for a Church to suddenly want these things that apparently you didn't offer or condon then something may have been wrong with ya'lls communication and (don't take this personal) but maybe also your preaching from the pulpit.

Another interestin point...I have always believed that Evangelist were called into their profession instead of "fired" (or layed off) into Evangelsim.

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Ah, but an evangelist may have wandered off into preaching and pastoring, and this is God's way of getting him back on track.

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Maybe you were, maybe you weren't. I don't know.

But I do know that they were wrong for dismissing you without first talking to you about their concerns.

"Purpose Driven Life" and "relevant" are the Christian version of "Don't worry, you won't get pregnant. It's our first time": well meaning but just asking for trouble.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

sorry...I'm still trying to figure out what a

"seacker sinsitive mesage" is.

That's french, right?

12. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Look everyone rbell made a funny!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will pray for you.

And the church.

14. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

They probably read your doctrinal beliefs and decided that they wanted a Baptist pastor and not an Assembly of God pastor.

When the whole counsel of God is preached, then the Purpose Driven Life will be preached. Too many times preachers like to thump around the Word to offend on purpose and not allowing the work of the Spirit and Word to do it's own job.

Good Luck

15. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Maybe it is me but the purpose for us to be here is to lead others to Christ. I preach from the Bible about the Bible and the Bible's message...the death burial and ressurection of Christ and through simple faith a person can benefit from God's grace...still not sure how the PDL fits this. Now maybe I'm splitting hairs but to capitalize the PDL and imply it is the whole counsel of God to me borders on heresy.

PS. So before the 'PDL concept' people didn't preach the whole counsel of God? I think Christ's message is a few years older than the PDL message.

16. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

If you had read the book you would understand what I said rather than seeing a phrase and running off at the keyboard. Open your mind to more than just your opinion and read what people write instead of jumping on a hobby horse heading the wrong way sitting backwards.

By the way, our purpose has never been to lead others to Christ. You cannot show me one verse that says that that is our purpose. Our purpose from the moment of creation to the end of eternity has been and will be to fellowship with and to worship God. The purpose of the church has always been and will always be to tell the whole world about Christ and to disciple those who choose to follow. Since that is a part of what brings pleasure to God, that is also fulfilling our purpose in worship.