1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legalism Opinion -Is pastor correct?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dear Phillip I misread your 1st sentence my apologies.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

No problemo! BILL (at least I'm now getting that right.) :D [​IMG]

3. scooter

scooter New Member

Putting aside the fact that baby dedications aren't commanded and we don't see any NT examples of it, this situation would be amusing if not so sad. Look at the basic facts: a believing mother, a member of the church in good standing (I assume this is factual because she isn't under discipline) wants to dedicate her child to the Lord. This is a good thing. It doesn't matter that she isn't married or if she had the child out of wedlock (again, I assume because she isn't under discipline that she has repented of any sin in this regard). This is a great opportunity to disciple her! The pastor should be pleased.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Philip;

Maybe you and your wife could get to know the lady and reach out to her. Possibly you could start a Bible study and include her or include her in one oyu are already leading. I would not wait for the church to make up its mind. If it doesn't know what to do now, it probably won't do anything more.