1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legalism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

I haven't seen those but they do sound funny!:laugh:

2. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Shoes aren't exactly associated with sinful lusts like alcohol is either.

You're really stretching things here and I expect it's a way of making yourself feel better about something.

I have yet to see where shoes are condemned by God but that's not true about alcohol.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

On the flip side, there are numerous verses in scripture that praise wine. There is not a single verse in scripture that praise shoes.
    Hey, I'm just applying your same standard. In doing so, it's incredibly easy to demonstrate how ridiculous that standard is.

Look, I'm not a fan of chancing church plans to accommodate the Super Bowl, but is it scripturally wrong? No. The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. If a church wants to change their plans to watch the SB, let 'em. I might not like it, but they don't need my approval.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Any verses that praise tobasco sauce?

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There's a Hot Sauce Bible, does that count?
    [​IMG]

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well I will open up a cold beer and thank God for the medicine developed for enlarged prostate!

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No doubt inspired by the Holy Spirit.

I like my bible hot and spicy!

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That explains what Song of Solomon is doing in scripture.

9. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

The context of praising wine is a direct reference to having joy and not getting drunk, if this isn't the case then God is confused by your suggestions in He condemns it then turns around and contradicts Hisself and approves of the consumption of it.

Well, except the facts and common sense tend to disagree with that conclusion.

If any organization wants to do anything within the law it is their choice, but when it involves the confines of the sanctuary it concerns things that are to be holy and separated from the profane, if that's what you mean by talking about the Sabbath.

10. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

But will you stand in the sanctuary and do this in the midst of the congregation?:type:

Will you also pass a few around and tell how your activity in the use of your prostate has increased and your satisfaction of you and your partner acheived?:type:

God said there was a time when men could not be found to separate the holy from the profane and here we are, well, except some of us still do satnd in that gap!:thumbs:

Seems abomination of desolation might be a good topic.

11. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

My understanding of the Song is the zeal and passion the Bridegroom and the Bride have for each other. I find it profane to suggest anything concerning something between a man and a woman in sexual terms alone.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

:laugh:
    There is nothing funnier than to see someone comment on something when they have not idea what they are talking about. You obviously don't know anything about the prostate. The medicine used to treat enlagred prostate has nothing to do with sexual activity. In the future don't be so quick to let your ignorance show!

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yet sexual terms abound, do they not?

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You're welcome for my input - but your thoughts here are wrong since Mr. Welch's wasn't alive in Bible times.
    :wavey:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since we're not to talk about intimate things amongst the mixed crowd, all I'll say is that you're absolutely wrong with your thoughts on this.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do understand what you are saying about the Bridegroom and the Bride.

And yet, my thinking is that the passionate and loving sex between a husband and a wife is something that is NOT profane. So, as misunderstood as this book of the Bible is, could it not be about the relations between two married lovers? I don't think of that as profane.

17. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

The Song is a complete metaphorical design of the beauty of a courtship with the many sensual overtones associated. Regrettably liberalism has perverted the book and tried to make it profane, frustrating the scripture and fashioning it into something less than spiritual.

18. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Now we have people who somehow disconnect themselves from knowing what prostate commercials refer to about acheivement and enhancement as they go off into a complacency and utter denial.

19. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

There is a big difference between an enlarged prostate and erectile dysfunction. Again, learn what you are talking about before you make a fool of yourself!

20. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Hi Robert, you know what I was talking about and stop acting as if the prostate isn't connected. I'll be avoiding what you have so openly mentioned because it seems to be too specific a term. SELAH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.