1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leonard's Losers

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BroTom64, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many of you remember Leonard Posttoastie and Percy Peabody?
    I loved listening to Leonard give his "Pigskin Prognostications". His 'little smart-pill machine' kept him up on who the likely losers were. I miss this slice of Southern down-home humor.

Bro Tom

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I miss listening to that every Sat morning before the games. Is he still alive? Didn't he have a son take over at one time?

Being a big UK fan I can remember going to watch them play IU up in Bloomington one year when I was a teenager (1984).

Many people that were out tailgating had their radios turned on to Leonard's Losers and everyone was anxious to hear what he was going to say.

Well, that day he was correct as he said those hungry Wildcats would come to Indiana and claw the Hoosiers:

Leonard's Losers Indiana!

UK won that year 48-14!

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yep, I remember ol' Leonard and Percy. If the program is still on, they're not on any station around here.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I just checked, Leonard Postero died in 2001 at the age of 78. When he retired in 1999, a group of Athens, Georgia businessmen bought the program and installed a new host, billed as Leonard's nephew, although not really related. The program still runs, but only on the internet.

This from Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Postero