1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let 'em die.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, May 23, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's does not just advocate federally funded abortion on demand.

...voting on a bill ... that would "protect the life of a child born alive as the result of an induced labor abortion" on the floor of the Illinois Senate, Obama was one of 13 legislators to vote "present." The bill passed 33-6. ...

In March 2002, a similar bill came before the Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee that would have required "a physician inducing an abortion that results in a live born child" to "provide for the soonest practicable attendance of a physician other than the physician performing or inducing the abortion to immediately assess the child's viability and provide medical care for the child."

That bill ... was passed out of the committee 6-3, with one "present" vote. Obama voted against it. ...

That bill was never voted upon in the full Senate, but the next month -- in a 31-11 vote, with 10 "present" votes -- Obama voted against a bill that stated "all children who are born alive are entitled to equal protection under the law regardless of the circumstances surrounding the birth." ...

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

More solid substance. Thanks for that.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Obama does not believe children born alive have the right to protection the right to live.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got it. :tear:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surprise! :eek:

Christians that support Obama aren't interested in this "substance" either, Roger.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I disagree with Obama on this issue and think he should have voted differently.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was hoping we would hear from an Obama supporter and they would justify their support in view of their Christianity...and his.

Guess not. :BangHead:

Can't imagine why...

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

my question is just what has your man Bush done in 7 1/2 years to turn the tide on abortions? Very little I'd say. He maintained Pres. Clinton's ban on splitting funding of Planned Parenthood into abortion related and non abortion related activities. This organization is the single largest reason for abortions in the U.S. Bush could have changed that with an EXECUTIVE ORDER. He choose not to do so.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

No man is justified by his own works:
    Our politicians works are seldom justified by their promises.
    Obama has acheived accolades and recognition based on what accomplishment of his own doing? He is a puppet of those who give him recognition and he has many personnal issues in his past which are not resolved by the writing of books or the keeping of journals or the acknowledging of its complex influence.

Why, when others find and post evidence like this OP, must I waste my time to study his errors and fight against him..... when it is more important to find someone worthy to fight for and promote for the Presidential vote?

Yes, President Bush is also a disappointment to me: So are most in the Republican Party Leadership. When they had control of Congress and Senate, they had the power to limit the executive office by their legislation and budgetary allowances: They had the power to review, rewrite, and revoke bad legislation. If there were possitions taken by the judicial or executive branches of government which they had no control of but did not approve: they had the power of making their own independant declarations of disapproval to voice the conscience of their own members and the people at home who they were elected to represent: They also had the power to return to the states the monies already appointed to them and reduce the federally regulated obligations which require compliance and submission of the states to the dictates of the federal government. They also had the power to hold hearings and investigate the use of money and power and to examine the controls of the bureauracracy of federal agencies: They had the power to insist upon oversight, and even to create and appoint committees for this purpose. They had the power to police their own members against 'pork barrel' politics and to prove themselves true stewards of our trust and our monies.

I do believe we do have the best government in the world: I also believe our government does get its power from the people which it governs.... and therein is the real problem: As long as people are comfortable in their own lives, and fail to recognize good citizenship requires being watchful, critical, involvement and oversight, and approval of that which is good, and active in communication with our officials.... the people we elect are left to their own devices and influenced by others with leadership and money to promote and protect their posistion in office.