1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let us carefuly consider Jude's warnings!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Browner, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Browner

Browner Member

Jude 3-5 (NKJV)
    3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation,
    I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for
    the faith (the gospel) which was once for all delivered to the saints.
    4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this
    condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness
    and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ
    5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved
    the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

The NKJV calls these people “apostates” (3 times in section headings in Jude).

“This verse (4) is very similar to a passage written by Peter in his second letter (2 Pet 2:1-3).
    These false teachers were teaching that it didn’t matter whether a person sinned or not,
    because no matter how much one sinned, God’s grace was sufficient to cleanse him;
    therefore, they said a Christian could do whatever he pleased (see Rom 6:1-2, 2 Pet 3:16).
    By their own evil behavior, these false teachers were denying Christ. Men deny Christ
    not only by what they say, but also by what they do (Titus 1:16).
    The Jews were God’s specially chosen people. He delivered them from bondage in Egypt.
    Yet some of them stopped believing in God; therefore, God destroyed them (see 1 Cor 10:1-10).
    From this we can understand that even though we are called Christians and belong to a church,
    God will still destroy us if we stop believing (see 1 Cor 10:11-12).”
    (The Applied New Testament Commentary -- Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing)
    Dr. Hale is a Spirit-filled believer who served as a medical missionary with Interserve in Nepal.

Jude 10 (NKJV)
    “But these (apostates) speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know
    naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.”

“The thoughts in this verse have also been written by Peter (see 2 Pet 2:12). The false teachers
    do not have spiritual minds … When men continue to oppose the Holy Spirit, they soon become
    spiritually blind and deaf. Thus, when God calls to them, they can no longer hear; therefore,
    God gives them over to their sins (Romans 1:28). In the end, their sins destroy them.”
    (The Applied New Testament Commentary -- Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing)

Jude 20-21 (NKJV)
    “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”

“… build yourselves up in your most holy faith – that is, in the teachings and doctrines of Christ.
    … Keep yourselves in God’s love (see Rom 11:22). Jesus said: ‘As the Father has loved me, so have
    I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love”
    (John 15:9-10)

2. Browner

Browner Member

Jude 3-5 (NKJV)
    3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation,
    I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for
    the faith (the gospel) which was once for all delivered to the saints.
    4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this
    condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness
    and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ
    5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved
    the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

The NKJV calls these people “apostates” (3 times in section headings in Jude).

“This verse (4) is very similar to a passage written by Peter in his second letter (2 Pet 2:1-3).
    These false teachers were teaching that it didn’t matter whether a person sinned or not,
    because no matter how much one sinned, God’s grace was sufficient to cleanse him;
    therefore, they said a Christian could do whatever he pleased (see Rom 6:1-2, 2 Pet 3:16).
    By their own evil behavior, these false teachers were denying Christ. Men deny Christ
    not only by what they say, but also by what they do (Titus 1:16).
    The Jews were God’s specially chosen people. He delivered them from bondage in Egypt.
    Yet some of them stopped believing in God; therefore, God destroyed them (see 1 Cor 10:1-10).
    From this we can understand that even though we are called Christians and belong to a church,
    God will still destroy us if we stop believing (see 1 Cor 10:11-12).”
    Dr. Hale is a Spirit-filled believer who served as a medical missionary with Interserve in Nepal.

Jude 10 (NKJV)
    “But these (apostates) speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know
    naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.”

“The thoughts in this verse have also been written by Peter (see 2 Pet 2:12). The false teachers
    do not have spiritual minds … When men continue to oppose the Holy Spirit, they soon become
    spiritually blind and deaf. Thus, when God calls to them, they can no longer hear; therefore,
    God gives them over to their sins (Romans 1:28). In the end, their sins destroy them.”

Jude 20-21 (NKJV)
    “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”

“… build yourselves up in your most holy faith – that is, in the teachings and doctrines of Christ.
    … Keep yourselves in God’s love (see Rom 11:22). Jesus said: ‘As the Father has loved me, so have
    I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love”
    (John 15:9-10)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Browner

Browner Member

Seems to be no editing ... no way, no how, etc.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The easy believism and the teaching that Christians have nothing to do with Gods law seem to fit these descriptions.