1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's talk about food

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by purplebaptist, Jul 5, 2004.

?
  1. always

59.7%
  2. never

33.9%
  3. depends

3.2%
  4. never eat them

1.6%
  5. don't care

1.6%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. purplebaptist

purplebaptist New Member

Do you wash fruits and vegetables??

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...if food falls on the floor... 2 people answered other. Well, what does that mean??? you know the unofficial (which should be offical) BB rules, when you vote "other" you must explain!

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

Other-it becomes dog food

4. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Other-depends on what the food is i.e., if a bannana or apple or orange, with skin intact, wash it off good and eat it. Other than that-I agree-dog or cat food! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given the voting for the "10 second rule," there must be some campers here ...

6. LaymansTermsPlease

Why would you not wash vegetables with all the pesticides they use these days?

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

yuck, two people don't wash the nasties off their fruit and veggies. With all the pesticides and junk, people you don't know touching it, stuff they pit on it in the stores to make it look pretty. And super yuck if those two buy from a farmer's market, usually they have never even been washed to get the dirt off, so thats dirt plus pesticides.

8. delly

delly New Member

I say Yuck too. I've seen people each grapes in the grocery store and sometimes give them to their kids and I cringe thinking about all the things that may be on that fruit. Nothing should be eaten without a good wash. :(

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why all this fuss about food. You guys that were in the Army did you worry about how clean the food was esp when you were out in the field?

Salty

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess it comes down to how hungry you are....if you are starving you will not be so picky, the less well off are likely not to be over fussy, but yes i wash my fruit and veg but do you use tap water or filtered.....

11. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Nuts, on your ice cream yuck, that is disgusting. Well actually I can't say that, I've just never had it. Well once when I was little that is how they found out about it. It is referring to my nut alergie, I am alergic to all tree nuts. Every nut but peanuts(go figure) well i guess if the nuts was referring to peanuts then yeah I eat them all the time on Nutty Buddies. And on the ice cream i like mine in between hard and soft, kinda a happy medium.

12. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Incidentally, the 10 sec rule is called the 5 sec rule in Missouri and is really like the 10 minute rule in our house(It really doesn't stay there that long), depends how long is has been there and how valuable the food is.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I have sensitive teeth so I microwave my ice cream until it's really soft and not so cold. I also like nuts, whipped cream (no fat kind) and strawberries on mine unless it's Cookie Dough ice cream.

14. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

One time at work a chap dropped his pie onto the factory floor and picked it up and ate it! Well what a waste of a good pie other wise! [​IMG]

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Do you wash fruits and vegetables?

Depends on what they are, how I'm going to prepare them, and where I got them...

If food falls on the floor.....

Depends on how long it's been since I've mopped the floor, how hungry I am and how much it cost... :D

I like my icecream........

Soft (and if it's a sundae - with nuts)

16. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

roflol

People are funny.

17. Deborah B.

Deborah B. New Member

I answered "other" on food falling on the floor because it depends on what it is and how clean the floor is at that time (With three young children, a day or two of not mopping makes a HUGE difference). Example, if I dropped spaghetti, meat of any kind, salad,(wet or sticky things) etc. of course I would NEVER eat it! But if I dropped a potatoe chip or M&M (hard, dry, non-sticky), etc, as long as I immediately picked it up and the floor is clean I would eat it.

18. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

An earlier posting about what you'd do if food fell on the floor referred back to someone being in the Army and being too hungry to care what had happened to the food.

That posting brought back memories of 2003 when my Air National Guard unit was activated and shipped to the Saudi desert in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Most of the time we had to survive on MRE's ("Meals, Ready to Eat" for you civilians out there!), but occasionally they'd serve what they called breakfast in a mess tent.

One of the items on the tray was always referred to as the "Mystery Omelet" which consisted of a combination of powered eggs and some sort of crunchy, brownish objects.

What those objects were, no one really knew. However, we did make the observation that there were never any cockroaches to be found in that mess tent.

H-mmmmm. :eek:

19. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I wonder about all those people who have been
    on FearFactor what do they do when they drop
    food on the floor?

I guess it needs to have a
    bug on it ,for them to eat it.

Then we have roadkill cafe types who scoop stuff
    off the pavement and fix it up and eat it, when they drop food on the floor do they just pick it up off the floor and eat it as well?

floor no..pavement yes?

different things for different people I guess.

BTW I like my bluebell ice-cream hard to the point
    I sprain my wrist trying to scoop it out of the
    container.