1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lets talk about High school

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by menageriekeeper, Feb 26, 2010.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Is anyone here homeschooling through high school?

Do you expect your high schooler to attend college?

How does that affect your cirricullum choice?

What cirricullum are you using?

I'm looking at bringing home one of my high schoolers. I already homeschool my middle schooler, and homeschooled this one through middle school for the same reason I'm considering bringing him back home (health issues). The two (middle/high) are sooo different.

How will I know if he is learning what he needs to learn?

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mk, you have my sympathies as I will have to make a decision about this in another year. I do plan to homeschool simply because my dd has requested it, but I plan to look into an online school. I just don't know that I can do the higher math like trig and calculus, which seem to be required for college nowadays. My dd wants to attend college.

There is a website that tells what your child is expected to know and by what age. I think it's called Core Learning or something like that. If you google Core Learning or Core Knowledge you might be able to find it. Sorry I'm not more help, but I lost most of my bookmarks when we got a computer virus.