1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's talk about original sin!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Feb 17, 2006.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Are we still born with original sin? Or are we just born into this world with a natural sin nature? Or do we have any sin nature at all?

I have my own thoughts of course, but I might be persuaded otherwise if the facts bear it out.

I don't think we are born with original sin anymore (the sin of Adam). I believe that after Jesus gave His life on the cross, He covered all our sins, including that of Adam.

Anybody else agree??

Selah,

Tam

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

3. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Tam,

In Revelation 7 we see God saying of some, 'These are they that have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb'

It is true Christ died for all sin, but if one never turns to Christ, one still has that sin held against one.

John 3 tells us He that believeth not on the Son of God is under God's wrath

4. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

We are still stuck with original sin. We have a nature that is bound by sin. Christ has released us from that bondage, yet until 2nd coming we will struggle with the old nature.

5. Tazman

Tazman New Member

Are we still born with original sin?

No! If by "Origianl Sin" you mean born guilty and reponsible of Adam's sin.

Or are we just born into this world with a natural sin nature?

No! Is that anything like being born naturally gay or righteous? Nah. Hmmmm, King David...

Or do we have any sin nature at all?

Yep! apart from the spirit.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have to be careful now - because I am going to agree with JohnV. That usually is a sign that I am on shaky ground. ;0

The infant that dies has mentally "knowingly" comitted no sin. We may argue that they have a "Sin nature" but they certainly do not have the capacity to master the abstract concept of "Sin and rebellion". Yet they have a sin nature.

Beyond that - as a child of Adam they are "fallen" and need to be covered by the blood of Christ to gain entry into heaven.

If the question is "how long would God torment the infant if it were not covered with Christ's blood" I would argue that no torment at all would be assinged to them - but they would not enter heaven.

It is because of the sin of Adam as Paul says in Romans 5 that ALL have fallen and all are accounted as guilty EVEN those who did NOT sin (knowingly I assume) in the likeness of Adam's offense. So that would be infants that die before understanding the concept in my humble opinion.

In Christ,

Bob

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Or, more hopefully, that I'm on solid ground [​IMG]

8. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Here's the way I see it. Adam was the first one to sin. Back then everyone inherited the sin nature of Adam. That was before the Law was given.

Then God gave the ten commandments to Moses, and there were a lot of other laws, as in Leviticus and Dueteronomy.

But of course man could still not keep the law totally. The sacrifices of bulls and goats were offered to cover the sins they had committed. But then when they sinned again, they had to do more sacrifices.

But in Ezekiel, a change occured, in that the sins of the father were not put on the children. And the sins of the children were not blamed on the father.

Ezek 18-19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
    20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

We are all responsible for our own sins. We are not saddled with the sin of Adam any longer. But of course we still could not follow the law.

So when Jesus died on the cross, and shed His blood for us, He set up the New Covenant. He shed his blood for all our sins, including the first one that Adam did.

We are no longer born with the sin nature of Adam. The only sin we have when we are born, is the sin of not accepting Jesus as our Savior. As we grow of course, we can fall to our flesh and sin against God. (things He told us not to do in the bible) When we are at the age of accountability, then we can accept Jesus or reject Him.

If we accept Him, He forgives us of sin. We must however do a 180 and start following Him. We can't just say the words and make no committment.

Selah,

Tam

9. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

The Origin of Sin.
    (1) Sin originated with Satan's pride (Isa 14:12-14; 1Ti 3:6).

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

1 Timothy 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

(2) Sin entered the world through Adam's disobedience (Ge 3:1-24; Ro 5:12).

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Genesis 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As Romans 4 says "Where there is no law neither is there sin"..

The problem is ONE problem from the fall of Adam to this very day.

The solution is the ONE Gospel - from the fall of Adam to this very day!

In Christ,

Bob

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is your understanding of just what is the "good message" and how was it preached from Adam through and including the NT?

God Bless!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Genesis 3 we see that the Gospel invovles the starting point of mankind depraved and fallen into sin "in need" of salvation.

God declares in Gen 3 that "satan loses" and God wins and also shows the supernatural "Drawing of all mankind" in that He inserts hatred/discord between fallen man and Satan (the Drawing of all mankind TOWARD God and AWAY from evil).

In Heb 4 Paul says "The Gospel was preached to US JUST as it was to them ALSO".

In 1 Peter 1
    Peter tells us that the OT saints were in fact getting 'The gospel" and that "Gospel" is being preached to NT saints!

In Heb 11 Paul further identifies the results of that Heb 4 "Gospel" preached to US JUST as it was to THEM by showing us OT saints PREflood AND postFlood. In the case of Enoch we have a preflood saint not only saved BUT ALSO raptured (translated) to heaven itself without ever dying!

In John 3 Christ declares the fact that OT Bible scholars/teachers (like Nicodemus in that case) should be well aware of that Gospel presentation - particularaly "the New Birth" needed by ALL the saints to enter heaven. A pre-cross teaching that was available to ALL pre-cross Bible scholars!

In Gal 3:7-8 Paul says "THE GOSPEL" (the ONE that he already said is the ONE AND ONLY Gospel in chapter 1 vs 6-9) was "preached beforehand to Abraham"

It only works ONE WAY. Saved by Grace through faith -- born again saints with the law of God written on the heart -- forgiveness and reconciliation through the atoning death of Christ, all mankind supernaturally drawn to God and thus enabled to open the door as Christ stands on the outside knocking.

In Christ,

Bob

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey brother Bob,

Excellent post!

I just pray you could understand that the rebirth is ALL God and it is a final act of God to seal and declare His children.

Great post though!

God Bless!

14. mima

mima New Member

Yes all are borned with original sin.

Jesus has paid the penalty for all sin(original or committed).

Today sin(original or committed) cannot send a person to hell. Only the failure to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savio (depending and trusting on him alone for your salvation) can sent a person to hell. Why can sin not send a person to hell? Simply because Jesus paid for all sin.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey mima! You have ears that hear and eyes that see!

God Bless! [​IMG]

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You accept "one Gospel" in all ages? That is pretty Good Steaver. Several people here have expressed an interest in believing in the fake Gospel of "salvation by works" for the OT and the actual "Gospel" for the NT.

If you are willing to accept ONE Gospel -- the SAME Gospel in BOTH OT and NT I say we are finding some real common ground here.

IN Christ

Bob

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey, you are my brother! We must have some things in common. [​IMG]

18. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

So if we believe that everyone is born with original sin, then that means that all babies who die are going to hell.

What happened to that loving God everyone talks about?

Selah,

Tam

19. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

He is the same as He always was, a loving God who will not under any circumstance tolerate sin. He is the same loving God who included them into the covenant.

I, unlike many people here acknowledge that having faith and recieving Christ is not dependant on reasoning ability, age, or ability to communicate. With children who are brought up by families who provide every opportunity to be exposed to the Gospel, I do not worry. With children in non-Christian families, I worry about them just as much as I do everyone else in their family as they all need Christ.

20. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

I, unlike some others here, do not believe we are born with the sin of Adam on us. Therefore, if we die before the age of accountability, we are not sent to hell, but we go back to God, the same way grown-ups do who are saved.

Selah,

Tam