1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lets Talk Health Insurance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by blackbird, Dec 23, 2009.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Maybe, but very unlikely. Without a public option, this is just a gift to the private insurance companies. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.

2. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

Isn't food an even more pressing need than health insurance? I mean, we all need food every day. Can't we just get the government to supply our food? We need government run food supplies. That way we can all be sure to get enough. And since so many health problems are related to diet, we can just have the government tell us what to eat, too.

3. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

Seriously, if the government didn't already regulate medicine so heavily, Wal-Mart could provide medical care. It'd be cheap and good. And if you didn't like it there, you could go to Costco and it'd be even better. And when people were disatisfied with Costco, Publix would start offering a better deal.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I think not: HERE is my reasoning.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

This is a gift to those who don't want to or can't pay for health insurance. I believe for most of the country in time this isn't going to be good and even worse with a public option. With a public option we pay the government and they pay the bill. The government gets less work out of it employees than about any group I know. I live in an area where about 30% of our residents are retired government employees and to listen to them, they sure didn't have to put in the hours or do the work I had to for a dollar.

I could be way off base, but I believe the problem of health care is the break up of the family unit. The cost have always been there but not as much and people didn't earn as much. A family took care of it's members in need for the most part. I know I took care of my mother for 27 years in my home and my brother helped. Took care of my in laws or helped out over the years many times, maybe that is why I don't have much for retirement. But it isn't me, it is what I saw around me from the time I was a child on ward.

I never had to but I know of friends that sold property or added a mortgage on their home or took another job and so on.

The government getting into it, in my eyes is having everybody take care or those rather than the family, church and friends.

6. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

That's incredible.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Health Care?

How about calling it what it is, the resurrection of the Arts and Sciences of Eugenics.

Medicare will be reduced to the singular task of the maintenance of hospices for those 65 and older who incidentally are outside of the Ezekiel Emanuel (Obama health care adviser, soon to be health care czaar, brother of Rahm) bell curve of a good health care Return On Investment (ROI).

There senior citizens will be drugged into oblivion, awaiting their final reward for paying into the system all their lives.

Oh, I forgot, they were inside the bell curve of a good ROI age span (20-55) at one time so it's fair (statistically speaking).

Also don't forget all those aborted citizens denied their Constitutional rights of LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For many of them their first encounter with our government is a meat grinder. A small price compared to an education.

But good news, soon the science of eugenics will be developed to determine (pre-birth) the IQ and statistical possibility of a "good" citizen there may eventually be less abortions then with the added benefit of (again) increasing the ROI.

Is that offensive to you? Good.

HankD

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Would you mind naming one thing that government does better than private citizens? Thanks.

9. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lying to the people they are suppose to work for.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

CP giving has nothing to do with my health insurance--if I lead my church to shuffling CP into my health plan----mercy---that will take out of the pockets of IMB/NAMB Missionaries---I can't honestly do that to our missionaries no matter how high my premiums are---sorry, Hardsheller!

11. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately the lines are not as clearly drawn as you portray them in your post.

Yes - IMB MISSIONARIES have healthcare insurance provided by our denominational Missions Giving. N0 - Not all NAMB Missionaries have healthcare insurance provided. And we know that not all SBC pastors have Insurance provided.

If my conscience dictates to me that the SBC Pastor down the road or in Wyoming needs Health care insurance and I lead my church to decrease its CP giving to address either need, I have not committed a sin nor have I forsaken my denomination. I have merely shifted some Mission Money to a Mission need God has led me to address.

I'm thinking of pastors in SBC Churches and Church Plants right now whose children are on GOVT. HEALTHCARE (WELFARE) To Me that is unthinkable that the largest non-Catholic denomination in America doesn't flinch when its own pastors are forced to resort to GOVT. WELFARE to provide for their Families. WHAT A WITNESS!!!!

You are fortunate to have Guidestone and to be able to complain about the increase in premiums. There are many SBC pastors tonight who if medical catastrophe struck tomorrow would be facing absolute bankruptcy.

Read my Blog Post on this very subject HERE

12. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Gee....since I have very few family members,.......and since a corporation just laid me off after buying my company and promising not to change anything,.......
    when I die from something that I can't afford to have, ......
    will you come and smile at my funeral for me?
    It would mean so much to me to have a Christian like you to be there.

Cheers.....

oh right, guess I'll be gone so I can't do that.
    Maybe you can make some money making t-shirts saying..."Keep on smiling!"