1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letter from Congressman Pete Stark Criticizing the Military

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Cutter, May 21, 2008.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stark is a fairly typical liberal democrat.

He has Nero sydrome and hates the military.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Nobody seems to take him very seriously anyway.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) The letter was pompous and arrogant, and assumed that the SECDEF works for Congress, and thus could be ordered about like some "staff member."

2) As mentioned, they were AWC students, and had a perfectly valid reason for being in attendance; that's the only answer that needs to be provided to this jerk. The question is, when the writer is informed that it was a part of continuing military education, will he apologize?

3) Here's where I'm going to get myself in trouble: Each of you, having seen such a group of military people viewing a congressional meeting, should be asking the same question this idjit did: Why are they here? Are they spending time viewing Congress when they should be working budget and manning issues? If they had been "flag officers," we pay those guys a lot of money each year; not to mention that each flag officer does usually have at least one aide/exec, and sometimes an enlisted aide as well. So at a time when at least our Air Force is being asked to reduce its manpower 30,000 personnel, what were these guys doing? Should we be reducing our manpower by their slots?

In my opinion, the gentleman was correct in asking for accountability. The way he did it, was not.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don:

With all due respects, Stark was starkly arrogant.
    He thought he was the only one with a sense of responsibility.
    He saw that these were a group of military officers.
    Not just one solitary guy in uniform.
    And secondly, they were in uniform.
    These were not hecklers who came to see what they can heckle people like Stark about.
    These were responsible military officers who probably had more sense of decorum than the starkly arrogant Mr. Stark has.
    He could have given them respect and the benefit of a doubt.
    I assume that somewhere before one enters the august halls of the Senate or the Congress one signs a log book or some sort of record stating one's purpose.
    If so, he could have simply discreetly had somebody find out who that group was and what they were all about.
    What I see is similar to one of my old country's congressmen strutting around self-importantly looking for issues to give out press releases about.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everything you wrote...falls in line with what I wrote.