1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Baptist....

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by nate, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Would you mind finding the facts of those verses for us?
    Nothing is incomplete? Read 1 Cor. 13. Your statement complies with German rationalism which is typical of the old dispensationalist’s line of thinking which followed on the heels of German rationalism.

What does this mean? [/quote] I gave you the answer. Go back and read some of the SBC history. Go back and read what I wrote.

Not at the time, but one day later the facts did.

That is like saying the Holocaust did not happen. I am shocked that you would believe such a pack of lies you have fabricated in your own mind. A person of integrity would have done more to verify what I wrote like the Bereans were commend for doing in the book of Acts. A search on www.google.com would easily give a number of documents for you to read and decide for yourself. It was the experience of the city of Ft. Worth, over 3,000 students, the faculty, and the news media. It was in the Baptist papers, the city news, and the city newspaper. Later the trustees admitted that they lied and gave a reason why. So are you saying the trustees told the truth and then lied later? There was actually a man who came against them and not one thing was done by anyone except an attempt to sweep it under the rug. That man was the real conservative. If I remember right he was a trustee. The other trustees were the real liberals. They were liars trying to hide from publicity. When the trustees offered Dilday hush money what were they afraid of if what they were doing what was right? Who was their God in offering hush money? .

While the trustees had every right to fire the seminary president. But to lie to the people? That is inexcusable and ungodly. Then to not repent made the matter even worse. Then to try and mask the problem with excuses what does that say about them?

I must have missed your specific sources that you wanted me to address. Could you point them out again? I will be happy to address those sources you think I missed. I do not agree with everything Dilday believed but nor do I agree with some of the liberal-conservatives (Baptist-Catholics - Baptist in doctrine and blindly loyal as Catholics) today. Of course Jesus did not agree with the religious circles of the day either.

A true liberal is one who chooses to ignore the facts and stands for nothing except what he is comfortable with.

If you are a true conservative then you would take a stand against the MO Baptists suing one another. Or have you chosen to throw out the book of James by saying and doing nothing to take a stand against them because they choose not to believe the Bible and drag each other into court? For one who claims to believe the Bible where is your action in that matter?

So what do you do while the true conservatives are hard at work?

Could you give a source for your statistic? Do you know what their profession is?

Get specific. I have not heard anything about what you do.

When I was much younger our families helped each other. In contrast the liberals in the SBC are acting just like liberals who are cloaked in conservative clothing and are like wolves who are suing each other while others in the SBC liberals stand by cheering them on while they are afraid to say or do anything. The liberals in the SBC have a Bible that says they will know we are disciples of Satan by the way we sue and destroy each other while the rest of the liberals in the SBC watch and pay for the fight. It must be quite the spectacle to watch the religious UFC in action. I can just imagine what non-Christians think when they read about it in the newspaper and hear it in the nightly news. It must be quite a spectacle to notice how the SBC folks in MO have chosen to believe the Bible on Sunday and chosen to go to court on Monday. The SBC must have had their Bible published without the book of James to be able to say they believe the Bible on Sunday and court to court on Monday. Imagine how much Satan likes that kind of publicity and destruction.

You are right. That is apparently vivid when one looks at the SBC in MO.

So you think DTS is liberal?

I specifically gave you three reasons why. Did you not read them?

Know what Koine Greek is? Is that a sorry excuse too. Seems to me like that was God's choice and His choice was not a sorry excuse?

Perhaps you should consider Eccl 12.

Do you not believe bpnews and what the SBC leaders say? Or is that a pack of lies too?

Are you better than the apostles including Peter? You should read 2 Peter 3 before making such a lofty claim.

Do you synthesize or separate the accounts?

[/quote]But liberals like your self want a way to leave things open ended so you can justify what you want.[/quote]Actually I see it quite the opposite. I see you as a consistent liberal who is unwilling to deal with the truth in your personal life, in the SBC and in scripture. So you avoid the truth because of your insecurity and unwillingness to deal with the tough issues and masking them with little cliches. You are misleading people by avoiding the historical context of scripture and allowing them to believe only a part of the truth..

You failed to address scripture except in one case. The rest was just rambling on issues. What do you tell people about the dating changes in the Bible? What do you tell them about what pointed out in 1 Kings? Could you avoid the regular practice you have of avoiding issues and at least deal with the questions people ask?

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a discussion forum, not a debate forum; besides, the original topic is no longer being discussed.

The thread is hereby closed with prejudice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.