1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liberal Christianity vs. Seeker Friendly Christanity

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Exactally when did this thread d-generate down to the level of a kindrgarten paint fight? :tonofbricks: :laugh:

#101 Alive in Christ, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth and Iconoclast

Iconoclast claimed I changed my position, but Iconoclast simply did not understand my position. Hiding a blunder by making a false charge is the stock and trade of Calvinism's defense and liberals of all stripes.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the many false and liberal claims of Calvinism is that individuals were given to Christ before times eternal, i.e. before time began.

2 Timothy 1:9 reads: who [God] has saved us [Paul and other believers] and called us with a holy calling [the ministry of reconciliation as ambassadors of Christ] not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.

1) What was granted? God's gracious purpose.

2) When did God grant His purpose and grace? Before time began, before the foundation of the world was laid. When God formulated His redemption plan and chose His Redeemer, His Son, He granted to everyone subsequently saved His purpose and grace.

3) When did we as individuals receive what was granted? When God spiritually placed us "in Christ."

Thus this verse does not say individuals were given to Christ before time began, it says those in Christ have received the purpose and grace granted before time began when they were placed in Christ and not before.

The Calvinist interpretation of this verse is loose, and mistaken, thus a liberal interpretation.

#103 Van, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have , again, misunderstood that in the NT, it teaches that god individually elects unto salvationthe person who jesus death paid for/atoned for, and ALl those he died to save will indeed get saved!

For it pleased the Lord to bruise him, in order to have some redeemed/purchased back to God thru/by His death on the Cross!

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Twaddle, Assertion and Falsehood

Yet another false charge, and then a misrepresentation of scripture. On and on it goes, with no references.

The Bible, scripture, teaches in the NT, that God chooses individuals for salvation through faith in the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13.) Christ died for all(1 Peter 3:18), including false teachers whom He bought (2 Peter 2:1).

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, God had the death of chrsit redeem/purcahse baclK ALL that were intended o be saved by it!

if it truely was to die for all, all would get saved, as God had purposed in the Cross to accomplish salvation for sinners!

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another assertion of Calvinism without a shred of support. If Christ died only for those subsequently saved, why did His death buy the false teacher? No answer will be forthcoming.

Why did Christ become the propitiation or means of salvation for the whole world? Why did He lay down His life as a ransom for all.

Limited atonement as peddled by Calvinism has no support in scripture, yet one Calvinist after another proclaims it in spite of making scripture to no effect.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    why do you mock that which you do not understand? Wouldn't it be better to just say that is the calvinist position, but not rattle off your tirades?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe you are going to talk him out of his over the top tirades..well..I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, you are not a calvinist, but we seem to have discourse, so just curious as to why van is so "zesty' in his zeal to wipe out all traces of calvinism?

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I stopped trying to reason with Van a long time ago.

Van will never be convinced that he is wrong on any subject until he hears it from the Lord himself.

Stop wasting your pearls, folks.

Proverbs 12:15

(Attack expected from Van in five, four, three, two...)

#111 Mexdeaf, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Why constantly shift the topic to my behavior, rather than address the fact your Calvinistic view is shown to be false by scripture.

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Yet another fault finding post, devoid of content. And the beat goes on and on over to top and down hill.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Yet another, the third in a row, post devoid of content other than a personal attack. They seek to shift discuss from any biblical topic to the faults of those who hold differing views. Twaddle

BTW, I have altered my view several times because others, including Calvinists, have pointed out I was mistaken. So yet another over the top disparagement without a shred of truth. Go figure.

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

It's not fault-finding if it is true. That's what you don't understand. Many on here try to tell you things (i.e. "content") but you just cannot see it.

Your loss.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the many false and liberal claims of Calvinism is that individuals were given to Christ before times eternal, i.e. before time began.

2 Timothy 1:9 reads: who [God] has saved us [Paul and other believers] and called us with a holy calling [the ministry of reconciliation as ambassadors of Christ] not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.

1) What was granted? God's gracious purpose.

2) When did God grant His purpose and grace? Before time began, before the foundation of the world was laid. When God formulated His redemption plan and chose His Redeemer, His Son, He granted to everyone subsequently saved His purpose and grace.

3) When did we as individuals receive what was granted? When God spiritually placed us "in Christ."

Thus this verse does not say individuals were given to Christ before time began, it says those in Christ have received the purpose and grace granted before time began when they were placed in Christ and not before.

The Calvinist interpretation of this verse is loose, and mistaken, thus a liberal interpretation.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another person attack, devoid of content, and aimed at shifting discussion away from the topic to an opponents behavior. Twaddle times two.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Classic liberalism

Here the topic of a liberal in the classic sense, rather than the modern sense, interpretation of scripture is addressed. This is not directly related to the OP, but tangentially it is, i.e. the meaning of liberal in the classic sense.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe someone on this board has trouble believing highly of himself.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Van,

:BangHead::BangHead: Do you enjoy to so mis read the verses that only you hold to this idea......no one else on the planet "sees" what you see.
    mexdef,RM, and everyone else tries to point it out, but you reject everybody.....Even marshall applewhite tried to catch the comet by poisoning his "flock' rather than see what you see:confused::confused: