1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Christians and Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Oct 6, 2006.

?
  1. No

88.0%
  2. Yes

16.0%
  3. Undecided

2.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Who said anything about the world? I am only speaking about our country. As a matter of fact, I specifically mentioned Americans, didn't I?

BiR

2. npc

npc New Member

Christians don't even worship the same god!

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am not certain that we are protecting rights in America. Muslims can force their religion on our children (in a different thread), and we say we should protect them.
    I do not know what you want us to protect them from here in america (there were less than a dozen in the WTC) . . . muslims seem to be doing at least as well as anyone else in america. Of course, if they don't we will have riots like the French.

I mentioned Americans . . . I did not think that meant that we would exclude the Americans that are dying around the world to defend the 'rights' of muslims to be free to worship . . . nor did I think that would exclude those that drove nazi armies out of muslim countries during WW2 . . .

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respect to the President, I believe he is wrong, but that gives me no reason to doubt his Christianity or his personal salvation.

5. Baptist in Richmond

Where was Islam FORCED on "our children?"

This is one of the most nonsensical things I have ever seen you post.
    What does the religious affiliation of those in the WTC have to do with anything? Why would you even introduce this subject into this discussion, especially when it has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand?

In your respose to me, you asked about being the world's policemen, when I didn't say anything about the world. As a matter of fact, you even reproduced my comments (even emphasizing my statement) in this response.

Where are we "dying around the world to defend the 'rights' of Muslims to be free to worship?" What country?

BiR

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I pray that Baptists and ecumenical Christians come to accept that statement some day and end their unholy alliance with the Republican party. Twice in my life I've had people say to my face that they couldn't see how someone could be a Democrat and also a Christian.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Only twice?

;)

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Only twice. Maybe there's some hope for Christians in America after all.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Are Americans repenting and turning from God so that He will turn back His wrath?

Please tell me that is so? Please tell me that we will not be judged for the evil of this country?

Tell me that God will not judge us for letting muslims conduct their evil worship.

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't really matter whether Muslims are attempting to worship the same God we worship. Without Christ, they are already condemned.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

BiR

It has been on this board . . . read a little.

Until then, it is time that our children should be able to go to school and be save from satan's murderers and his evil theologies.

IMHO.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

What is your background?

Why do two brothers out of islam, struggle to expend as much energy defending Christianity as you expend deffending islam?

What is going on here?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    when you dont like what is said attack!

14. Baptist in Richmond

Wow: you didn't answer a single question I posed to you. I have been getting that a lot lately. I would ask a question about the second sentence in your post to me, but since you didn't answer a single question I posed to you, it is highly doubtful that you would answer it either.

Hmmm.........

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, that happens a lot.

The thread he's referring to, in case you're unaware, is not where "Muslims can force their religion on our children" but where children are taught about Islam by their American schoolteachers as part of social studies.

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

WOW

Like I have to answer you question to make your day . . .

I am impressed that I have that much of an effect upon your life.

Wayne

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I was forced to quit praying in school - I remember that, and to this day being forced to quit praying is still offensive.

To think that children were forced (if you think that you can pass a class without participating, I would be amazed . . . ) to particpate in muslim worship experience in order to pass a class is even more offensive.

I guess that does happen a lot.

18. Baptist in Richmond

Wow, Wayne, you still didn't answer my questions, did you?
    I would like to see why you introduced the religious affiliation of the WTC victims. That would be a great place to start.

19. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Actually, if you would read back through the threads you would find that I did not introduce the religious affiliation of the WTC victims.

I did find out that there could not have been as many muslims in the WTC as (1) claimed and (2) I still find it odd that so many muslims chose to stay home (& or be late for work) that day.

Have fun!

20. Baptist in Richmond

Wayne, that's not true. It's right there on page three.

Ah, that makes sense - it was some sort of CONSPIRACY!! OBL must have personally called each of them to warn them not to go into work that day, or at least be late.

Amazing: I'm embarrassed for you.