1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liberal definition

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Instead of hi-jacking more threads, here is the opportunity for our liberal brethren:

What is the liberal definition of "homosexual oppression"

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What? I don't understand where you're coming from with this.

Every human being deserves to be treated fairly by every other human being. When the government, through overt or covert means, deals injustice to a set of individuals, that injustice must be addressed by Christians.

If heterosexual couples get tax breaks and survivor's rights from the government, then all couples should - must - be afforded those same benefits.

Beyond this, you;re gonna have to be a little less "stealth" in your approach if you want a discussion.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=36459

The same question was asked twice in that thread without an answer. I, too, would like to have a response although it may not be fair to ask anyone other than Galation.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Galatian is a libertarian, not a liberal, as far as I know.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of the liberals I know would define homosexual oppression as disagreeing with the behavior. They call it homophobia (or something like that). They are rather silly if you ask me. :rolleyes:

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a man and woman living together should get the same benefits even though they are not married? How long do they (fornicators or homosexuals) have to be a couple before they get these "equal" benefits? Who has the right to make that decision?

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The difference is a heterosexual couple can choose to forego marriage and forfeit those benefits. Homosexual couples are offered no choice at all.

If we're going to argue terminologies, let's argue apples and apples, shall we?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tragic Pizza,
    You sound like you are predguice to me!

What about a Momorn ( or anyone else) who has 5 wives and 8 children. Should he not be allowed a total of 14 deductions?

Should a man be barred from using the womens restrooms?

Why isnt a ten year old allowed to have a drivers license?

If a blind person can take a (service dog) into a reastruant, then why cant a sighted person do so.

The list can go on and on and on. BTW, these are not facieous statements. Like you said, ALL must be afforded the same opportunity

Salty

PS I'm still fuming over the fact that when I was laid off my job, I wasnt elegible for unemployment becasue I had a part time job working six hours a week!:BangHead: :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks:

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm not surprised.

Mormons no longer practice bigamy.

Define the circumstances.

Because they're ten. Again, apples to apples.

A sighted person doesn't need a service dog.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with same sex unions is they are not "marriage" in the eyes of God or the state.

If they want to be recognized as a legal entity, they should make an effort to change the laws concerning the recognition of thier union and bind it with a legal document other than a "marriage" license. They can't change the "eyes of God".

What they really want is to force the recognition of their aberrant lifestyle on all of us by malappropriating the term, "marriage".

Since God only recognizes marriage between a male and a female, that's the definition I wiil continue to recognize, and none other.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The eyes of God are a separate argument.

Why? If the state, which is most decidedly not God, terms a legally binding union between a man and a woman as "marriage," then the state, which is most decidedly not God, should term a similar union between individuals of the same sex as "marriage." In any case, what matters is equity, not terminology.

What they really want is equal treatment under the law.

That's on you, then. You aren't God, and you aren't the State.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tragic, it looks to me like you only want God in your life when it's convenient and matches your worldview. That truly is...

Tragic.:tear: Especially for a Christian.:tear:

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It sounds like you only want a God who conforms to your own definition of "right" and "wrong."

You still don't get that I am not advocating for gay marriages in church. You still don;t get that i am not advocating churches doing anything at all differently in regards to said church's stance on homosexuality.

No, but by all means stand superior over me in judgement, O Pharisee. Stew in your righteous arrogance.

14. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

This is all just another symptom or result of taking God out of our culture. You will no doubt see much more of this and and worse in the future. To have to define marriage to another Christian who claims to know the Bible is ludicrous. Marriage, Church and Family all represent our relationship to God. To throw something in there that He has clearly condemed is bascially Burger Kng Christianity where you can "have it your way!"

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Again, I am not talking about Christian marriage, but State-sanctioned marriage.

Once, just once, I'd like a FundieCon to argue apples-to-apples. It never happens.

16. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Who authorized the state to sanction marriage? God maybe?

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no difference to a Bible believing Christian.

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The state authorized the state to sanction marriage. The church, apparently, didn't argue the point at the time, and now it's too late.

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The Church does not charge taxes. The Church does not determine probate. Thus the so-called "Bible believing Christian" who thinks it's OK to support state-sponsored injustice isn't believing their Bible.

20. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==What Biblical basis do homosexuals have to have a choice (ie...marriage)? Marriage was created by God and not society. So what "right" does society have to re-define it? Marriage, btw, is not a right. Only people who qualify can marry. Homosexuals have never been allowed to marry in America. The American government has only recognized Biblical marriage.

#20 Martin, Jan 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.