1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal GW Professor: Obama Guilty of ‘Violations of His Oath of Office’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....“The Justice Department,” said Turley, “is at the epicenter of a constitutional crisis, a crisis that consumed her predecessor and his department.”

“My focus therefore, of my written testimony and my oral testimony today is less on Ms. Lynch, than on a department she wishes to lead,” said Turley. “As my academic writings indicate, I have been concerned about the erosion of the lines of separation of powers for many years, and particularly the erosion of legislative authority, of this body, and of the House of Representatives.”

“That concern has grown to alarm,” said Turley, “in the last few years under President Obama, someone that I voted for, someone with whom I happen to agree on many issues – including some of the issues involved in these controversies.”

“We are watching a fundamental change in our constitutional system,” said Turley. “It’s changing in the very way that the Framers warned us to avoid.”

“The Justice Department has played a central and troubling role in those changes,” explained Turley. “In my view, Attorney General Eric Holder has moved his department outside of the navigational beacons of the first and second articles of the Constitution.”

“In that sense, Ms. Lynch could be inheriting a department that is floundering,” said Turley. “The question is whether she can or will tap back to calmer constitutional waters.”

“As discussed in my written testimony, the Framers focused on one defining single danger in our system, and that is the aggrandizement of power in any one branch or in anyone’s hands,” explained Turley. “They sought to deny every branch the power to govern alone.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael...tm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=b-prof-obama

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This new nominee Loretta Lynch is cut from the same cloth as Holder. She is more of the same. The GOP is selling out once again. She says that illegals have a right to work in this country, to take jobs away from American citizens:

Under questioning from Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., who asked whether legal residents or illegal immigrants have more of a right to a job, Lynch said everyone should be able to work.

"I believe that the right and the obligation to work is one that's shared by everyone in this country regardless of how they came here," Lynch said. "If someone is here, regardless of status, I would prefer that they be participating in the workplace than not participating in the workplace."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rges-ag-nominee-to-take-politics-out-justice/