1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Libertarian leader Harry Browne dies

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JGrubbs, Mar 3, 2006.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

One of the pioneers of the modern libertarian political movement who twice ran for the presidency, Harry Browne, died at 72 yesterday.

A long-time WND columnist, Browne authored 12 books, including "You Can Profit From the Coming Devaluation," "Why Government Doesn't Work" and "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World."

He died at his home in Franklin, Tenn., after a long bout with Lou Gehrig's disease. He is survived by his wife, Pamela, and his daughter, Autumn.

His third book, "You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis," reached No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list.

Browne was a frequent guest on radio and TV, both as a political and financial commentator. He was a co-founder of the Downsize DC Foundation and DownsizeDC.org Inc., and a strong advocate of that organization's "Read the Bills Act," which would require Congress to read every word of every bill before voting on it.

Source: WorldNetDaily

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Sad to hear this. I have met Harry Browne and believe he would have been a good President. He got my vote twice.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Absolutly no problem with him considering the present state of affairs.

4. patrioticcamerican

He will be sorely missed among libertarians.