1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Libertarians were the voice of reason" ???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 15, 2013.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I get that alot from people who find the propaganda they've been spoon fed all their lives don't stand up to the facts and evidence.

I mean look at my buddy Arbo here. He and I have been arguing back and forth for months now and not once has he been able to formulate a decent defense for his position (if he even has one) that didn't include posting silly pictures, name calling and shooting the messenger.

And now you're telling me that I'm a bad person for defending myself against his constant childish personal attacks? What kind of logic is that?

He's had plenty of time to put together a grown up argument and debate the facts with me instead of acting like a 6 year old but the fact is his paradigm isn't based on facts it's based on propaganda and it doesn't stand up to the truth.

He hates that! His whole argument if you could call it that is "Poncho is wrong, na na na na na na". Why? Because he can't defend the indefensible and he knows it.

Take you for instance, you come down here and start telling me how wrong I am but when I state my position and back it up with more than just a load of petty partisan baloney and appeals to emotion (another propaganda trick warmongers and fearmongers use on a regular basis to manipulate people and opinions) your next move is to tell me what a terrible person I am.

Look Dennis if your argument held any water at all you could easily defend it with facts and evidence but you can't. Doesn't that make you even a little bit curious as to why you can't?

#101 poncho, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

I can defend them. But that's beside the point now.

I didn't come in here and start telling you how wrong you are or what a terrible person you are. Not at first anyway. i try to give everyone a chance. Heck, I luv everyone! Lol! I hope to make friends. But if that means I have to agree with everything you say, forget it. And when people start patronizing me and treating people with contempt, I tune them out. Maybe if you were a nicer person your ideas would get more traction.

Food for thought: Its possible to actually disagree with someone without being rude and demeaning ya know.

#102 Dennis324, Jul 2, 2013
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So far you haven't defended them with anything but ridicule.

Let me explain something to you Dennis. If gaining a good reputation means I have to make all my arguments fit neatly into a false paradigm just to please the "Baptist Board Voices Of Reason" you can count me out.

I'm not going sit here and lie to myself just to make them happy. I'm not here to make people happy. I'm not here to fit in with the crowd or join some group that'll make me feel like I belong to something bigger than myself. I'm here to put the truth in front of people best I can whether they like it or not.

You can tune me out, that's your choice but you can't stop me from putting the truth out there. If you don't believe me ask Arbo and SaturnNeptune they've been trying to censor me and run me off for a good while now and I'm still here.

Like I told you before I don't fit in because I don't take sides, I don't play partisan politics, I refuse to look the other way when a politician violates the constitution just because I happen to be on his "team". It ain't gonna happen.

That's how we all got into this mess we're in now.

We got a government that claims the authority to imprison and/or murder us without due process based solely on the discretion of one man!

Now some people might call me an alarmist and they'd be right because that alarms me!

I'm not going to try to push it to the back of my mind or argue that it's a "democrat" policy because it's as plain as the big red nose on Arbo's face that the republicans are just as happy having it that way as the democrats.

The republic no longer functions and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it does just to make a few people happy or have a good reputation.

4. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Aaaaand you just made my list.

*Click ignore*

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I cannot speak for SN, of course. To the extent that this pertains to me (with the exception of at least one off-color reported post), this statement is false. At no time have I tried to run you off or censor you.

Now if you were to accuse me of ridiculing you and calling you a nut...

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Arbo, I am beginning to think we are Siamese twins. No, Poncho, I have no desire to run you off or have you censured. We have sharp disagreements on politics, government and history, but that is your right. I believe you are totally honest in your viewpoints. I can only think of one poster on here that I consider without values, dishonest, and here to do nothing but stir the pot. I will keep his name to myself. I think that if you would lessen the sharp words, and stick to the ideas, you would find the sharp words lessen from others.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So you report me for acting like you??? :laugh:

Hypocrite.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just don't start calling me Lefty.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not make sexually suggestive comments in my posts.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You and I share alot of the same values SN and at one time we could sit down and have a decent debate. That all changed when you started stalking me around the board and treating me like the "un named poster".

I thought what you did to him was unfair and uncalled for even though I disagreed with him about most everything. Sure I defended him against your relentless attacks doesn't mean I was agreeing with him it just meant I didn't agree with the way you were attacking him.

Here's the thing SN. I lay down the facts and evidence. I don't take sides. I don't play partisan politics. I don't get all caught up in the daily propaganda and lies.

Our country is under attack. Not by Al Qaeda terrorists or Muslim extremists. After all that has come out recently about our funding and arming them it should be painfully obvious to everyone that the "war on terror" is a hoax and a cover for something even bigger. But no.

They'll believe the government's lies no matter how obvious they are, no matter how much it flies in the face of solid facts and evidence.

I've laid down the evidence in the form of government documents and policy papers by the hundreds that should shock the socks off people and get them to question what the heck is really going on. But people pay it no mind other than to dismiss it as a "conspiracy theory". It always comes back to democrats vs republicans.

I say Bush lied and here's a mountain of evidence that proves it. What do I get? Ha ha yer a nut! How dare you say Bush lied? What is that? Is it more important to defend a liar because he's from your party or defend the constitution that he's destroying?

I understand people get conditioned to tyranny and would rather accept it than fight it. It's the way of things all through out history. But we are aren't talking history here we're talking about the president of the United States claiming the authority to murder us without due process.

I thought Wow! That should wake people up, but no. It's fine, he's the boss he can do that if he wants. It's for our safety. Besides "God told us we have to act like slaves to tyrants in order to be good Christians".

Ron Paul is a nut because he believes we should honor the constitution in all ways. Ron Paul is a nut because he thinks congress should declare wars. Ron Paul is a nut because he admits what no one else will. Prohibition does not work. It never has and it never will. No matter how much we hate the idea of legalizing drugs. Ron Paul is a nut because he believes the nations money powers should rest with congress not a group of private foreign central bankers.

I'll just cut to the chase. Ron Paul is nuts because he still believes in the principles this nation was founded on. All I can say is say what???

We've let these idiots in Washington and the tv talking heads divide us into waring factions that can't even agree what time it is. And I'm sick of it.

We've let these giant corporations dominate our economy and our political system. And I'm sick of it.

We've let the "experts" do our thinking for us until we've been reduced to being a nation of dumbed down drugged up drooling idiots that spend 20 hours a day playing video games and listening to women dressed in meat suits and occult symbolism. That can't even tell us why we celebrate independence day and memorial day. And I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of being lied to. I'm sick of hearing people defend the lies. I'm sick of playing pin the blame on the donkey and elephant while the donkeys and elephants get away with mass murder and tyranny on a global scale. I'm sick of seeing our jobs go to China. And I am absolutely sick of hearing people that should know better tell me it's all God's will!

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What are talking about Arbo? You very rarely make any comments in your posts.

[​IMG]

#111 poncho, Jul 2, 2013
  12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wish I would have found that one before you. :laugh:

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm sure...

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Adios amigo. :wavey:

Lesson to other newbies. Either grow a very thick skin or get your game on before entering the politics section. :smilewinkgrin:

#114 poncho, Jul 2, 2013
  15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The atmosphere has improved over the last several weeks on the post exchanges, and am hoping it continues. One thing you can say about Arbo, Salty, and I, we all have thick skin. Anyway, in my case, it is not a matter of thick or thin skin, but gets weary of the back and forth.

Anyway, back to the op, one poster said we needed moderate Republicans. The poster child for that is Mitch McConnell and that is exactly what we do not need. It seems that it all boils down to two types of leaders. They either want to serve and follow the Constitution or they are driven by greed. Majority rules in this country, and that is why greed wins out in the Congress.

17. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Honestly, what I think we need is not moderate Republicans, but rather Christian Conservatives. Regardless of party affiliation, we need men and women who have Christian values to lead our nation. We need people who will roll back the tyranny of Political Correctness and just 'do the right thing'.

Personally I favor Rick Santorum. I think he's a good decent man.

If we want to go back to the discussion on Libertarianism, imho, we need people who are more like Rand Paul, rather than Ron Paul. Ron has said he doesn't think Iran poses a national security threat to us. I just don't get that. If they were to develop nuclear weapon's capabilities, they could easily sell that bombs or dirty bombs to our enemies...like Hamas, or Hezbollah, or Al Qaida. I just cant trust anyone that is incapable of understanding this.

Rand, otoh, endorsed the policy of Ronald Reagan in suggesting Washington should not rule out a policy designed to contain a nuclear armed Iran. And he said that Iran needs to know that all options are on the table.

Rand was endorsed by James Dobson based on his socially conservative views. Fellas, we need people like this.

Don't get me wrong, Rand loves his father and that's as it should be. I admire people who love and honor their parents. We are commanded to do so by God.

Rand is loathe to go to war and I support that too. But, he said if there is no recourse, he would cast his vote to go to war with a heavy heart. I agree.

He wants term limits, a balanced-budget amendment, a Read the Bills Act, and an audit of the Federal Reserve. Man, that's good conservative issues. :)

He's tough on Pakistan and other countries in that part of the world. He's defended the rights of Christians and has rightly said there is a war on Christianity. And he doesn't think we ought to be sending money to people who persecute Christians. He's also not afraid to invoke the name of God publicly. I like that.

I wish he'd take a little tougher stance against legalizing pot. But he's said he personally is against it.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I would support Rand Paul. But a president can only do so much when the congress is more or less bought and paid for by big corporations and banks.

We need some change now. We need good people to stand up to the federal government and say enough is enough and the people that are most able to do this right now is the county Sheriff.

They are the one's that have the power right now to stand up to the fedcoats and say no.

We need more people like Richard Mack.

As far as illegal drugs go, I just don't see how it's conservative to keep throwing billions of dollars into a failed policy that we historically knew would cause more violent crime and corruption before it started. Besides that by letting the government tell us what we are not allowed to put into our bodies we are essentially giving up the ownership of our own bodies.

If the government can tell us we what can't put into our bodies it can also tell us what we have to put into our bodies. As it is right now the government believes it has a right to stick it's hands inside our bodies during traffic stops.

See this video. How would you feel if this was your mother, wife, sister or daughter?

Evidently the officers felt they had a right to violate these women without charge or arrest right there on the side of the road because they "thought" they smelled marijuana. Is all this worth keeping pot illegal?

If you do think so then if and when this happens to one of your women folk all you'll be able to do is look them straight in the eye and say "it's okay honey it's all for a good cause".

We can't even keep drugs out of prisons how are we supposed to keep them off the streets? Throw another 80 to 100 billion dollars a year at the problem? Turn the police into military units with tanks and submachine guns? Or maybe just put the military in charge of policing us. Should we turn our neighborhoods and schools into constitution free zones? Maybe we could let the NSA collect all our personal data? Maybe putting cameras in every living room in America would solve the problem. Maybe we should just suspend the constitution altogether until we can get a handle on the drug problem. How would that be?

The bottom line here is how many liberties are you willing to give up to continue a very expensive (in terms of lost revenue, constitutional and human rights) failed policy of prohibition?

#118 poncho, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  19. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

I would be interested in listening to what Mack has to say. He sounds like a guy I could support. What does he say about social issues? Social issues rank high on my wish list.

I still like Rand Paul and Rick Santorum though. Yes, a POTUS can only do so much, which is why the American people need to work hard to fill the ranks of Congress with good Christian Conservatives...(IMO).

As far as the war on drugs goes... I don't think its an abysmal failure at all. I think we could do more though and I think we have done more in the past. The DEA states that the number of users of marijuana in the U.S. declined between 2000 and 2005 even with many states passing new medical marijuana laws making access easier, though usage rates remain higher than they were in the 1990s. We could make a lot of headway by securing our border. I'd certainly rather fund the war on drugs than giving billions to Egypt and Pakistan. :)

The declaration from the World Forum Against Drugs, 2008 state that a balanced policy of drug abuse prevention, education, treatment, law enforcement, research, and supply reduction provides the most effective platform to reduce drug abuse and its associated harms and call on governments to consider 'demand reduction' as one of their first priorities in the fight against drug abuse.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't believe that a pot (user) should be thrown in prison. I think community service would do more good than prison time. But I do advocate pushers going to prison...and doing hard labor, along with murderers, rapists, child molesters and violent criminals. These people are a cancer on society. And I think we should bring back hard labor and chain gangs.

I didn't watch the video due to my limited time on the net, but I do think its wrong to do cavity searches unless you are arrested first and charges are made. Certainly not just at a traffic stop.

#119 Dennis324, Jul 10, 2013
  20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Check out CSPOA.

What are veteran police officers saying about the "war on drugs"?

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

Cops say . . . The New LEAP Video.

Would you believe them or the DEA who depend on a protracted drug war for their very existence and sustenance? Just think of what the DEA stands to lose if all of sudden we won the "war on drugs". Where's the incentive to stop the flow of drugs? Government is making way to much money keeping drugs illegal and we're paying for it. The banks are making hundreds of billions a year laundering drug money for the cartels. Google it don't take my word for it. In the meantime government is using the drug war as an excuse to grab more power and taking away our constitutional rights

Here's what the "war on drugs" is like in Nashville Tn. The police know the drugs come in on I 40 East and the money goes out on I 40 West. So where do they set up all the check points? Where do they set up the speed traps? Where do they pull over the majority of motorists? I 40 West of course.

Why? Wouldn't it stand to reason if they wanted to stop the flow of drugs they'd concentrate their efforts on I 40 East? Why don't they?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14643085/police-profiting-off-drug-trade

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15884789/police-seize-120000-cash-hidden-in-vehicles-during-i-40-stop

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...olicing-for-profit-in-tennessee-and-elsewhere

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18241221/man-loses-22000-in-new-policing-for-profit-case

That's easy. It's not about stopping the flow of drugs it's about confiscating people's $$$

If that's what winning the drug war looks like you can count me out. We can't stop people from using drugs but we can corrupt the cops and turn our country into a prison trying. Is it really worth bankrupting the country and losing our freedoms just to so we can tell ourselves we're doing the right thing?

Like you said Dennis, we should use common sense. But before we can do that we need to put our emotions in check and become informed. Then we can make rational decisions based on hard facts and evidence instead of fear or paranoia or personal bias.

American Drug War: The Last White Hope: Pre Release Cut

#120 poncho, Jul 10, 2013