1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Gains ABA Accreditation.

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Brice, Feb 16, 2006.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you even look at the footnotes, The Lubbock Avalanche Journal, a left-wing, Christian bashing group if ever there was one.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==What? I have no clue how that pertains to this at all. I said nothing about it being a "christian bashing group". Just that it had a clear bias.

You still have not defended your statement(s).

A. Slandering students of Liberty's Law School.

B. Making false claims about Jerry Falwell (and others).

Martin.

3. Brice

Brice New Member

Martin,

I don't think he's gonna give an answer. It seems like a post and run situation. It's easy to make false statements, it's harder to defend them.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the article AND the footnotes, I have not posted and run; I have posted as much and perhaps more then anyone on this topic.

You want me to defend what I said, I post a link, then you say it is biased, which by the way you have failed to prove (pot meet kettle) I point out the footnotes and the fact that they aren't from religious folks (that was sarcasm btw) and you then claim I'm failing to defend my position.

You know good and well the positions of Falwell, Robertson and Barton, they are public knowledge. That is if you actually know what they have said considering you can't or won't read the article I posted.

I know, I know...don't bug you with the facts you're mind is already made up.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

ONE WARNING ONLY - This topic has been hijacked. Rules 1, 3, 4, and 9 have been repeatedly broken, and I will not put up with it. This topic has been turned into a name-calling fest, full of vitriol and an attempt to demonize one another. It has also strayed off topic, into a political discussion. Any more posts in violation of BB rules will result in IMMEDIATE topic closure and potential administrative action.

[ February 24, 2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

6. Brice

Brice New Member

Note taken Tom. I apologize.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Golly Aunt Bea, I don't wanna to go to my room

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI what Liberty received was Provisional accreditation. From the ABA website this is the first step in a three year process. They could pull the Provisional status at any time, but are saying that basically everything is in place (library, profs, classrooms, etc...) and they are expecting them to cross all the t's and dot all the i's in the next few years.

10. Brice

Brice New Member

Yes, this is routine with every new law school that's granted ABA accreditation. This is required of every new law school and every law student can take the bar after graduation. This is stated in the article I posted, so this is not news to anyone that read it. Liberty accomplished this in a quick period of time and I can assure you this is not an easy task. I worked around the law school during its first year and saw the process as it progressed.

11. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't have to be [***like that], I was posting because the article didn't say anything about how long the provisional status lasted... it was just FYI; relax already.

BTW does having ABA accreditation mean that Liberty somehow supports homosexuality now? I noticed that there is a pro-gay lawyer group that the ABA considers a partner. Where are the standards, where are the morals. Liberty must be a sellout! [​IMG]

[***Edited by Moderator. You have already been warned not to resort to name calling and making personal attacks against other posters. According to BB posting rules you are not allowed to call another poster names whether you spell them out completely or attempt to by-pass the rule by combining letters and symbols. This post will be brought before the BB Administrative Council.]

[ February 28, 2006, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I believe this thread has run its course and has now degenerated into personal attacks and name calling. Therefore, it is now being closed.