1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Network on Sky Angel

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Iamfree63, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

Did you know the Liberty Network is on Sky Angel Christian satellite? Do you even know what Sky Angel Christian satellite is? If you do, do you have it? Do you have cable or other satellite? Don't you think you should balance your diet from the ills of secular TV with that of Christian TV?

Sky Angel took advanced technology for the Church, now let's support Sky Angel and make it strong so the Church will ALWAYS have a voice in this media age.

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

My cable system used to get Liberty Network and I enjoyed several shows on it. Is Sky Angel just carrying some of Liberty's shows or all of them?

3. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

No, Sky Angel carries the entire Liberty Channel. You get shows like Your Health, Law and Justice, Live with Chuck & Jenni, , Listen America, Classic sitcoms, Thomas Road and sports from Liberty University.

I see some people may not know what Liberty Channel is, it's Jerry Falwell's channels from Liberty U.

If you go to the skyangel.com website and they have information about all their channels plus a guide you can look at.

Best of all, you can keep your cable if you want, just add Sky Angel.

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

My wife and I have looked at sky angel, however we need to come up with the money to buy the dish and service. I have decided that it would be best to purchase the lifetime subscription.

5. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

Here's a tip. If you have never had DISH Network or Sky Angel, you can get the dish installed for free by going to Wal-Mart or Sears, buying the equipment then calling DISH for the install. Before doing this I'd call SA again and confirm, but I believe this will save you upwards of $150 from the installed price SA quotes you. You can even just call DISH and have them sell you the equipment with the free install. Since DISH is DISH, let em know it's for Sky Angel.

By the way, I watch Liberty Network a lot. One show that was just on is Law and Justice, with Matt Staver from the Center for Law and Justice.

6. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

TO ALL: do you like Sky Angel? My husband wants to dump our regular cable subscription for Sky Angel (because regular cable is loaded with - well you know - garbage). Will I lose Fox News? Will I lose the Weather Channel? And I like all my sports channels!!! Feedback please on what you like and don't like. Thank you, Carolyn

7. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

Okay, you will not be able to get sports channels, news channels, for that matter, any channel you currently have, you cannot get on Sky Angel. Sky Angel has tech. agreement with DISH Network to use DISH equipment. Sky Angel can't carry channels DISH carries, and vice versa, thus, most channels you have on your cable system, would not be on Sky Angel. Sky Angel is a perfect balance to your TV viewing diet. Just as your cable company doesn't carry the channels Sky Angel carries, Sky Angel doesn't carry the channels your cable system has. However, I'm currently watching a secular news program on Sky Angel right now, ANN. There are also some sports, but not what you would get with cable. Don't give up on Sky Angel just because you can't get the channels on cable. Try getting the lifeline cable service, about $15 per month or less. This gives you local channels and some other channels, call them and ask.