1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty U. and the False Prophet

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John of Japan, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say the perfect has not come yet, we have little else we can conclude.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been called out for your dishonest posting already and now you put it on display again. Shame on you.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your posts lack integrity and are shameful.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proof of dishonest posting? If I'm wrong I will admit it.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you wont

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will recant if proven wrong. Quotes please?

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this a Christian attitude, not giving someone a chance to address a problem in good faith?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe you are acting in good faith. When you said "If you say the perfect has not come yet, we have little else we can conclude. You weren't acting in good faith. No reasonable person would conclude what you are accusing him of. Your accusation is in fact inflammatory. You have been called out before, by an admin, for similar activity in another thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said "that which is perfect" that Paul is referencing is the Bible--prove it.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul says, "for we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when what is perfect [Or "when completion"] comes, the partial will be set aside." 1 Corinthians 13:9-10 (NET)

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NET)

Paul contrasts tongues, interpretation of tongues, and knowledge with love, faith and hope. If as some say, prophecy, tongues and interpretation remain until the end of the world, Paul's comparison is meaningless.

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So basically all you have is assumptions, eisegesis, and subjective interpretation. Got it.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was censored for presenting views contrary to yours. And if the bible is perfect, and does a better job than the piecemeal gifts, what are we to conclude?

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible is perfect and does a better job than the gifts. It's that simple.

14. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, break down that passage, show us how you know Paul is referencing the Bible and Not glorification, the eternal state, God's love, Etc--all are "complete" as well.

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already did. Paul contrasts tongues, interpretation of tongues, and knowledge with love, faith and hope. If as some say, prophecy, tongues and interpretation remain until the end of the world, Paul's comparison is meaningless.

And to further prove this, the gifts expired with the Apostles who distributed them through their hands. No other means given in scripture beyond the two outpourings.

And Daniel says prophecy would cease in fulfillment of the 70th week.

16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you are missing the big picture as to what Paul is conveying. Gifts are necessary to Build up others in Love until the Return of Christ--as they are the In-working and out-working of the Spirit of God in the Body of Christ.

1 Cor. 1
    4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you.7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

One day, Faith will not be necessary, Hope will be irrelevant, but Love will remain--so God uses gifts and his Word to bring us into the fullness of the Stature of Christ--Perfect Love. Hence why Paul says in the very next Chapter...

14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.

The BIBLE Tells us about these necessary gifts. Since the Bible is complete, to say that the gifts had ceased makes the bible INCOMPLETE since we learn of the Gifts through the Bible.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You was censored for making an unnecessary and inflammatory accusation like you have in this thread.

18. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does the completion of the seventy weeks of Daniel prophecy impact the prophecies of the Revelation? Specifically, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. If the Supper is an actual event, where and when does it take place? If it is not an actual event, is it significant?

Rev 19:9 KJV - And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was stating a fact about conditional salvation as opposed to unconditional salvation in the proper forum category. It is the same argument I've used successfully on other forums to cripple Arminians.

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cessation of prophecy is established in the 70th week, as is the destruction of Jerusalem. All stems from the 70th week being fulfilled by Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.