1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty U Flames wins first NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty beats Mississippi State 80-76

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I was watching the live score on my phone while in the stands watching my local minor league hockey team get destroyed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hockey! I love that sport. I wish I could skate when I was younger. Fighting while on skates. I always in fist fights growing up. Doing it on skates would have been cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We try to catch as many games as feasible. The kids like it, and SPHL hockey tickets aren't too much. Do you have any teams local?

Our class A+ baseball team, the Woodpeckers, starts in their new stadium this year. They played at Campbell University last year.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Syracuse, he have (as of this year) the Syracuse Mets. The Mets bought our AAA team - up till last year, it was a community owned team - but has been loosing money.

My problem is that for decades, we were know as the Syracuse Chiefs. - IMHO - the NY Mets were wrong to rename the local team as the Syracuse Mets. Doubt, I will go to any games this year.

We also have the Syracuse Crunch (AHL Hockey) and the Syracuse Stallions - ABA, Basketball)

6. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Orlando Solar Bears is an affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning. It takes me the same time to drive to a Solar Bears or Lightning game. I live equidistant from both.

7. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a die-hard Met fan. In fact, I am leaving in a few minutes to watch the Mets play the Braves in a Spring Training game at Disney.

I think the Mets want their own identity. They are not going to have a problem drawing fans in Syracuse.

BTW I used to work for a now-defunct company that was from Syracuse on Cortland Ave. - Coyne Textile Services. I used to go up there quite often. Boy, does it snow in that town!

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NC's AHL team, the Charlotte Checkers, is a good 2+ hours from me. But my brother lives out that way, so we might try to catch a game one day. I can get to the Hurricanes in Raleigh in under an hour, but those prices are steep.

I have a cousin who lives in Lynchburg. Me, her, and her two kids are all Liberty grads, so I need to make it up for a football or basketball game.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Three of the Mets Farm teams go by a name other than the Mets.

and yes, I remember Coyness Textile.'

Yes, it does snow in Snow-a-cuse

10. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I live in WVa and we have...we have...errrrmmm...we have...oh yeah, the West Virginia Power, a single A team of all teams, the Seattle Mariners. They play in Charleston, about 1.75 hrs away. They play in the Sally, nick for South Atlantic League.

#that’sit