1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liberty University Fundamentalist?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by evangelist6589, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't there a better way to show that we don't "shield ourselves from the world" (as if that's a bad thing) than to compromise and partner with pagans?

Is sending the message to the world that there's no difference between Christianity and Mormonism really the only way to witness to Glenn Beck?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At first I thought y'all were referring to Liberty having a Mormon speak (my bad). Who was spreading the message that there is no difference between Christians and Mormons (apparently I missed the link here)?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I didnt realize that Beck gave a Bible message at the Chapel hour

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is no longer true. They are not "rabid" nor "anti-Reformed." They have a balanced approach.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. I can tell you did not attend a IFB school. Your view on alcohol is rare of one whom graduated from such a place. In fact I am an embarrassment to them for multiple reasons.

A. I am a Way of the Master evangelist and engage in Open Air which is something that was frowned upon at BJU.
    B. I am no longer a teetolist and believe in a balanced approach to alcoholic beverages. A position that would get someone fired or expelled. You hold such a view as a faculty there and you will lose your job. As a student such a view would get you kicked out.

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Bob. I agree with you. Many IFB do not consider those that differ than them on the issues above to be IFB. So sad.

7. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Fink and Brindle are 5 point Calvinists, and I think Leverett is too, though the latter came after my time there.

8. jonathan.borland

I remember when Newf Gingrich spoke to hundreds of pastors at Liberty's Superconference one year, spouting a bunch of liberal garbage his speech writer had no idea about, then the next speaker, an aged John Rawlings from Sugartit Arkansas ripped him to shreds. BTW, Liberty had Ted Kennedy speak in chapel one time, uncensored so to speak. In fact, it was Kennedy's letter of recommendation that, at least in large part, got Jerry Jr into UVA law school.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well Dr Fink isn't with us anymore, he passed away a couple of weeks ago. Also, I'm not so sure if Dr Brindle is as around as much as before. All that said, the school isn't anti-Calvinistic.

10. jonathan.borland

I haven't heard any news recently, so I'm sorry to hear that Dr. Fink has died. He was one of my favorite profs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.