1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty University Leaves TRACS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Liberty University has voluntarily withdrawn from its accreditation through the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)." --READ MORE

I'm sure it happens, but I have never heard of this happening before. Liberty University has left TRACS, voluntarily. They say that their SACS accreditation is more than enough. This is of course is very true and it is also true that accreditation is a difficult and expensive process that is only made more complicated with two different accrediting bodies. That, of course, is not even considering the various technical accreditation that universities like Liberty must have (NCATE for education, etc). Therefore the move by Liberty University is surprising but it makes sense.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Makes perfect sense.

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Liberty student and it makes sense to me. A lot of schools are over credentialed for no reason whatsoever.

Debbie Mc

4. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

I hate to say this since so many good former Liberty folks work for TRACS over in Forest, but sadly TRACS needed LU more than LU needed TRACS.