1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Update

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by nkypastor, Sep 11, 2006.

1. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

Hello everyone!

I've had some computer problems and haven't been able to visit you all for a while. I've had a lot of things happening since we've last spoken:

1. I was officially admitted to the LTS seminary as a M. Div. student starting in spring of 2007.

2. I have applied for Stafford Loans and are now waiting for my award letter.

3. I was able to receive 11 hours credit for my studies at the bachelor level. Since I attended a Bible college, I had a N.T. survey course and and an O.T. survey course EVERY semester. I also had a few other classes that awarded me advanced standing!

4. LTS is going to be very exciting! Congrats, Rhet! I knew you were in the interview process when we last spoke. Maybe you'll get to grade some of my papers. I suppose I should start bowing in your presence (just kidding, man)!

nkypastor

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Study hard! And preach the Word!

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't go there to get a degree to get a job. Go there to know God. If you go there to know God you will find an endless supply of work to do and tools to help you in doing that. Remember though, the seminary in not an end. It is an introduction to the thorough study of God's word. It is the start of more work but work that you will never regret doing. You will never be the same if you know God better.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    nkypastor,

More than great!

God bless you in your studies.

:applause:

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Care to expound on this? That sounds like a "kawlege" (lots of schools are not true colleges in their programs, but glorified SS or Bible Institutes). Care to share the mentality behind a Bible Survey course every semester??

6. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Congrats on joining the LU family. You are going to thoroughly enjoy your experience in Lynchburg.

7. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

Dr. Bob,

I know you don't mean to sound "condescending", but I do find your analysis a bit harsh! I assure you, that the college I attended, Clear Creek Baptist Bible College--certainly has regional accredidation through SACS. The survey courses I took each semester were very rigorous and required a lot of in-depth study of the Bible. These courses were combined with other classes such as systematic theology, church administration, world history, science, etc. I assure you, that I did not attend a "glorified SS program". :)

nkypastor

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

pastor,

I don't think that he was being condescending . . . I kinda tho't the same thing when I read your post.

Your post did not explain why they only gave you 11 hours credit from the undergraduate level to the MDiv degree. It is common for a real degree in Biblical studies at the undergrad level to reduce the graduate MDiv (96 hour or so) by about 21 hours.

So the question comes up, "Why would you be that different?", or "Why did they only give you half credit?"

Of course it could be that seminaries are just requiring more classes than they used to . . .

9. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty Update!

To all who might be interested or who have been watching my situation:

I finished a series of phone interviews and such today with David Hirschman @ Liberty's Seminary. He said he would find a spot for me hopefully Jan 1 of 2007.

I originally wanted to teach in the Religion BA/BS degree DL program. But I got hooked up with him and it looks like he may actually use me. It seems that the BA thing did not work out or they just forgot about me or some such.

Anyway, I thought some of you just might want to know!

FYI! I hope and not TMI!

sdg!:thumbsup:

rd

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Rhet

More folks might see your good news if ya' post a new thread like: Rhet gets it!