1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Licensure

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by untangled, Mar 21, 2005.

1. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Brothers,

I just wanted to say that I may be licensed in the next month or so. I've been talking to my pastor about it and he talked to t he deacons. Since I preach in his absence and have been called to ministry they are going to recognize me. I'm truly excited about this. Pray for me and my ministry.

In Christ,

Brooks

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

That is great!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will. This is the first step of public recognition of a call to minister. And it shows great confidence in your pastor/church to honor you with this.

And might I remind you to "walk worthy" of this calling. [​IMG]

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Congratulations. Thanks for letting us share this good news with you. May God anoint you and use you mightily as you minister in His strength.

5. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you all for the kind words. As Dr. Bob said I need to walk worthy of this calling. It is a very joyful time in my life right now, even with all the secular employment frustrations (i.e. being in a job I can not stand). I know that God will work in His own time in His own way. He has called me to ministry and told me to prepare and serve.

Any advice as far as preaching? I never was a good public speaker. I do fine as far as preaching what God has given me, but I do believe that I can always improve. Anyone else here start out not being a strong preacher? What I mean is that sometimes my words seem to stumble.

In Christ,

Brooks

6. Charles E Smith

Charles E Smith New Member

I remember when I was licensed; It was two days after my grandma had died and I was very emotional. My pastor had all the men of the church lay hands on me as I was sobbing like a baby. I wish you God's best in your journey Brooks. As for not being a good public speaker you'll get better with time I'm sure.

7. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Way to go Untangled! I am excited for you!

8. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I truly appreciate the kind words and support. I'm going to talk to my pastor again next week to see what the deacons have said since their last meeting. They are in prayer about it and soon I will see if they believe now is the time to license me. I have been licensed in the past (with another denomination) but I woke up and realized I was in the wrong place. If I preach Baptist doctrine I should have affiliated with a Baptist church years ago.

In Christ,

Brooks

9. rustynail

rustynail New Member

Congratulations brother.
    It is a big step to be licensed. I will be praying for you as well. As far as preaching goes, preaparation, prayer, and study are essential, as you may well be aware of. Also, don't really worry about the right words, because it is the Holy Spirit who gives you the right words to use, He is just using your mouth to speak them.