1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lies About Ukraine

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 4, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How Washington’s Hubris Set the Stage for War

In some quarters public awareness is catching up with Stephen Lendman, Michel Chossudovsky, Rick Rozoff, myself and a few others in realizing the grave danger in the crisis that Washington has created in Ukraine.

The puppet politicians who Washington intended to put in charge of Ukraine have lost control to organized and armed neo-nazis, who are attacking Jews, Russians, and intimidating Ukrainian politicians. The government of Crimea, a Russian province that Khrushchev transferred to the Ukraine Soviet Republic in the 1950s, has disavowed the illegitimate government that illegally seized power in Kiev and requested Russian protection. The Ukrainian military forces in Crimea have gone over to Russia. The Russian government has announced that it will also protect the former Russian provinces in eastern Ukraine as well.

< snip >

The ignorance, absence of integrity, and lack of independence of the US media greatly enhances the prospect for war. The picture being drawn for insouciant Americans is totally false. An informed people would have burst out laughing when US Secretary of State John Kerry denounced Russia for “invading Ukraine” in “violation of international law.” Kerry is the foreign minister of a country that has illegally invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, organized the overthrow of the government in Libya, tried to overthrow the government in Syria, attacks the civilian populations of Pakistan and Yemen with drones and missiles, constantly threatens Iran with attack, unleashed the US and Israeli trained Georgian army on the Russian population of South Ossetia, and now threatens Russia with sanctions for standing up for Russians and Russian strategic interests. The Russian government noted that Kerry has raised hypocrisy to a new level.

Kerry has no answer to the question: “Since when does the United States government genuinely subscribe and defend the concept of sovereignty and territorial integrity?”

Kerry, as is always the case, is lying through his teeth. Russia hasn’t invaded Ukraine. Russia sent a few more troops to join those at its Black Sea base in view of the violent anti-Russian statements and actions emanating from Kiev. As the Ukrainian military in Crimea defected to Russia, the additional Russian troops were hardly necessary.

Read More At: http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/03/04/how-washingtons-hubris-set-the-stage-for-war/

#1 poncho, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

When Hitler initiated Operation Barbaroosa---members of the German High Command walked away from the secret meeting believing they had an idiot for a leader----only fools would want war with Russa

3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Russian troops definitely have invaded Ukraine.

I was at a preachers meeting today and there was a preacher who was telling us what a missionary family he knows there was telling him about the situation.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Even if everything you say is true Putin was still going to take the Crimean peninsula. He may well take all of the Ukraine if he is not checked! Obama make an insanely stupid mistake when he whimpered out on the missile defense system in Eastern Europe. I think it should be restarted, perhaps that will check Putin who plays chess while Obama plays marbles or shoots hoops.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama is silly. All of these problems will have to wait on another President to be remedied. The Democrats have no talent. They put Hillary in as Secretary of State and she allowed Benghazi and so they replaced her with Kerry, a failed Presidential candidate. For Secretary of Defense, they have GOP burnout Chuck Hagel, an open anti-Semite and now an advocate for a smaller military. Obama is only good at taking expensive vacations every six weeks and playing golf whenever possible.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask any under 40 yo Ukrainian to speak in Ukrainian (the mother tongue) vs their day to day Russian. I am sorry but they have willingly embraced Russia as their adopted worldview....now they want to be westerners? Please!

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that they ever have been free, at least not for long, have they? Everyone overruns them.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

EW&F, you're wrong. The country is about evenly split, and it is not the young who speak favorably of Russia, it is the old formerly Soviet industrialists, the disgraced establishment, that favors Russia. In the end, the lifeblood of the Ukraine will likely be sucked up by Russia, annexing Crimea and the eastern provinces bordering Russia. With that territory go the factories, the craftsmen, the production capabilities of the nation. Most of the rest of the country is either agricultural, or mountainous.

The young despise Russia. They've heard the stories from their parents who rejected Soviet control. They formed the opposition to Viktor Yanukovych, who ousted him from power, and who urged Parliament to form a new government and schedule new elections as soon as possible. You can't look at the video CMG posted on the other thread this morning and think otherwise. The economic lifeblood may be in the east, but the lifeblood of Democracy flows in the young people of Kiev and the rest of the country.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the young Ukrainian Ukrainians dislike Russia. The young ethnic Russian Ukrainians support Russia. I know this from young people I know living in the Ukraine. I can not go into details as this would be dangerous to the welfare of the young people I know in both camps.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just ask them if they can speak Ukkranian.

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

I have a stepson in Ukraine, a microbiologist on a missions trip. They speak Ukrainian quite well. Though they will interact with him if he speaks Russian, they don't like it. They prefer he use his limited Ukrainian, or use an interpreter.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That hasn't been my experience. And America should not fight for people with divided allegiences.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

I guess we shouldn't have been in Europe or the Pacific during WWII, The Philippines in 1898, Grenada in 1983, Vietnam in the 60s and 70s ... Really?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got it wrong DCONN......I love war. And I have personally killed everything that walks. Mans natural state of nature is war. You ask my family, I would love to kick Putins parse but that would be misdirected. The economy of Russia is bad so let the banksters deal with the little dweeb... our real battlefield is on our own shores

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What are doing bringing reality into the discussion, what are you some kind of marxist?

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.....REALIST!

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Strange how everyone wants to run right over and fix Ukraine's problems when we can't even fix our own isn't it?

Meanwhile . . .

Details of a leaked phone call between EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton and Estonian foreign affairs minister Urmas Paet suggest that the US-backed opposition was responsible for hiring snipers who gunned down protesters in Kiev and not the deposed government of Viktor Yanukovich, as the media widely claimed.

During the phone call, Paet tells Ashton that evidence presented to him by a doctor who treated victims of the sniper attacks clearly indicates both police and protesters were being shot at by the same people.

“There is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers, it was not Yanukovich, but it was somebody from the new coalition,” said Paet during the phone call, which was hacked by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).

“And second, what was quite disturbing, this same Olga [Bogomolets] told as well that all the evidence shows that the people who were killed by snipers from both sides, among policemen and then people from the streets, that they were the same snipers killing people from both sides,” the Estonian FM added.

The true narrative therefore suggests that forces within the opposition hired the snipers in order to kill protesters and then blame the deaths on Yanukovich’s administration, thereby delegitimizing his bid to hold onto power. This is a classic example of the kind “false flag” attack that NATO, which has vehemently sided with the opposition, perfected in Europe throughout the 60′s, 70′s and 80′s under Operation Gladio.

http://www.infowars.com/leaked-phone-call-kiev-snipers-hired-by-us-backed-opposition/

The Estonian Foreign Ministry has confirmed the recording of his conversation with EU foreign policy chief is authentic. Urmas Paet said that snipers who shot at protesters and police in Kiev were hired by Maidan leaders.

Paet told RIA-Novosti news agency that he talked to Catherine Ashton last week right after retiring from Kiev, but refrained from further comments, saying that he has to “listen to the tape first.”

“It’s very disappointing that such surveillance took place altogether. It’s not a coincidence that this conversation was uploaded [to the web] today,” he stressed.

“My conversation with Ashton took place last week right after I returned from Kiev. At that time I was already in Estonia,” Paet added.

Paet also gave a press conference about the leaked tape on Wednesday, saying that the dramatic events in Kiev, which resulted in people being killed, must become the subject of an independent investigation.

The Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs also issued a statement on its website, saying that the recording of the leaked telephone conversation between Paet and Ashton is “authentic.”

http://rt.com/news/estonia-confirm-leaked-tape-970/

#17 poncho, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014