1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Life Application"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by wpe3bql, Jun 4, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Are any of you folks in BB Land familiar with Tyndale's various "Life Application" Bibles that they publish in various translations (e.g., KJV, NLT, etc.)?

If any of y'all have any experience(s) with these Bibles, what is/are your evaluation(s) of them?

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have only glanced at them. They seem built well and look nice. The study notes remind me of Crossway's Transformation Bible, but more detailed and have more "application" studies. The Bible seems geared towards " how does this passage help me today". I know many people who love this study Bible. It isn't my ideal study Bible, but I can see why it is the #1 selling in the U.S......or it was #1. Not sure if it still is.

*if you are interested in it, go ahead and get it. You could do a whole lot worse than the Life Application Bible.

3. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's alright...not as academic as I would like but you can't go wrong with it.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find that it has good ideas in the area of application - go figure :) As others have mentioned, a tad shallow but worthwhile for ideas for a teacher doing his own study for a class or others using it for their own study.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I have several bibles using the Life Application study notes. They are useful notes, stressing how we can apply the verse or passage to our lives.
    They are conservative. I like the book outlines, and bios of the biblical characters.

6. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van, do you care to post the Life Application's notes from Hebrews 6:4?

7. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I will quote its notes from Heb 6:4-6 --- In the first century, a pagan who investigated Christianity and then went back to paganism made a clean break with the church. But for Jewish Christians who decided to return to Judaism, the break was less obvious. Their life-style remained relatively unchanged. But by deliberately turning away from Christ, they were cutting themselves off from God's forgiveness. Those who persevere in believing are true saints; those who continue to reject Christ are unbelievers, no matter how well they behave.
    (page 2464 in my NLT giant print NT)

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks wpe3bql.