1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life changing experience

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by noregrets1987, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I think it is a bit silly to think that God doesn't speak through means other than the Bible. Sure, it is the Bible that we can determine the truthfulness of the things we hear, but to suggest that He only speaks through the Bible??!

There is no biblical warrant to say God doesn't use other means.

In fact, how many people IN the Bible had heard from God in the Scriptures only?

2. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Be Careful

Be careful noregrets. Just as you thought that it could be God remember that Satan is an angel of light. Like I would tell anyone who is seeking God's will, you should really talk to your Pastor,your parents and Godly people in your life who will pray for you. If this is God's will give him time to reveal it. Satan would like nothing more than to see you marry and let your differences result in unsaved children who reject Christ because their parents argue about God and what is truth.

You can still love her like Christ did without marrying her. This is hind sight but when you began dating her, did you seek counsel from your parents and Pastor. They may have told you that this was unwise and it may have saved you from the heartache you are having. I cannot say that it is not God's will I cannot speak for him. I have seen people of two faiths marry and have a good marriage, but that is because one, they are not devout and therefore they leave spiritual things out of their lives and children's lives as well which is still not "good" just a way of resolution. Or two, one person goes to the other persons faith which means one person has to say they were wrong, and even then some do that just so they can be with that person but they never actually convert in the heart.

Br careful noregrets. You don't want to regret your decision in marriage. I could be off the mark here, but I really just hope this helps.:praying:

#22 4boys4joys, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  3. noregrets1987

noregrets1987 New Member

can someone describe disciples of Christ to me better?

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

1st issue:

The Disciples of Christ is a Christian denomination that has in recent decades gone quite "liberal", wich of course is a crying shame. Whether they have gone so liberal as to be apostate is a matter of debate. Some thing so, others dont. To be sure however, there are without a doubt born again people in that group, along with some lost people. (just like ALL denoms, to some degree or another)

However, to say that a Baptist marrying a Disciples of Christ would be "unequally yoked" is insane. The girl could very well be born again. Denominations do not get married...people do.

The same thing about saying "I wouldnt want my worst enemy marrying a Disciples of Christ" member. If both are born again...and they both may very well be...then they will NOT be unequally yoked.

2nd issue:

To the original poster. God may very well have spoken to you regarding that matter. If so...YES, it is wonderful how God speaks! Things like that are not at all to be considered *cultic" just because its didnt come straight from the scriptures. How silly. God has the entire universe at His disposal and we all should know that He can speak in many ways. The scriptures are the clearest of His revelation, and they are the standard that we judge anything and everything against. If it contradicts scriptue, we reject it.

Your *word* however did not agree with or contradict the scriptures. It was simply something for you to consider. You'll know in time if it was true or not.

Regarding things of that nature I never BANK ON IT being from God. I just tuck it away without forgetting it, and then wait to see if it was correct. If it works out positivily...PRAISE GOD!

God bless,

Mike

#24 D28guy, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  5. Dewey Sturgell

Dewey Sturgell New Member

I hope this helps, but God forgave me when I was about 22 years of age and I prayed that I would meet a woman that he would have me unite with and time went on and I do believe that when I was 25 he sent me the woman Im with right now althought she still doesnt profess to be saved yet ,but I see where God has turned her life around, we have been married going 14 years and I still yurn for her confession to Christ but thats up to my Lord Jesus to take care of ,we still have some problems through the flesh because she still is an unbeliever but I hold Faith unto my God that she will come into the church of Christ the Kingdom of heaven that is set up down here on this earth, this is what has happened with me so let God direct your paths and you to follow his will and let God be true and see what he has for you , Maybe its the girl you had the fight with or maybe God has someone else for you, let God be the leader and you be the follower, hope this help brother, may the Grace of our Lord lead you, amen.

6. noregrets1987

noregrets1987 New Member

You say that the woman your with who you are married to for 14 years is not yet a believer? The girl I've dated now 11 months isn't one either. I love her so much and She Loves me more than I could possibly fathom. The problem is that she doesn't understand religion and she is scared to believe anything. Her family has lead her wrongly and I feel that she is only listening to the words I am saying to her just so that she is able to stay with me. I love her and I could see myself with her but I am scared that her beliefs are very different from my own. I have screwed up with her sexually as well which has made this even more difficult on my part. I don't wish to go into that much detail about that but I am scared that I could have hurt her in many ways. She knows I am very unsure about my relationship. The past week or so has actually been very challenging. She wants me to be willing to change for her but I can not in any way change. I am scared that if I were to marry her she would teach the wrong morals to my children or possible lead them away from Christ. She has not accepted jesus but she believes in him. The other night we watched passion and it was her first time she was willing to watch it but she later told me that she really didn't get anything from the movie. she said the feeling was hard to understand. She is willing to go to church with me but I am scared only to keep me. What should I do? I have prayed to christ about this many times yet I am still very much lost. I really do love this woman but I am scared, i know this could kept us apart but I want to be with her so badly. I've tried to witness to her and she listens to a degree when she allows it but nothing more. she only listens like i am sharing a part of her that she won't engage in or is just to scared to.

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

Until you are ready to leave everything behind and follow the Lord, you will only hear your own desires and not the Lords (unless what He wants is what you also want).
    I say that as someone who has (quite literally) been exactly where you are now. I left the relationship, and years later (when I thought - well I go it alone for Christ) God brought into my life, my wife. My "perfect" (for there is no other word to describe it) match. God-fearing, loving, Full of Faith, supportive, Loves the Lord, kind, an encouragement in my walk with God, and I can go on and on.

She isn't a believer - Problem #1
    Your relationship has already gone beyond the boundries of a proper Christian relationship - Problem #2
    You are scared about the possiblity of loosing her (you aren't willing to lose her)- Problem #3
    She isn't interested in a relationship with Christ - Problem #4
    Your afraid she will teach you things that are ungodly - Problem #5
    She does not desire a life like you do - Holy and righteous before God - Problem #6
    She wants YOU to change for her (How is THAT Love) - Problem #7
    You assume it is fear that is keeping her from Christ but from above it appears her heart is agianst Him already - Problem #8

You also keep repeating the phrases you are "worried" and "scared"... Does this sound like God's leading to you - honestly??

You need to set your 'feelings' aside and look at your relationship from a 3rd person point view. If one of your family or friends (who was a believer to) were in this situation and asked what you thought of the situation.

How would you honestly look at that situation?

Read Provs 31 about the virtuous woman who's price is far above Rubies and I will close with this quote from it:
    Prov 31:30
    Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, {But} a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised

#27 Allan, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007