1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Life Elsewhere in the Universe

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Apr 23, 2012.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Me just looking at the planet earth, out of the billion of different species only one worship God that I know of and tries to reach out to otter space that I know of. To say there is something out there like us I would say no. They would have to come from us or we from them. To God it is us from Him.

I also see everything in a circle or oval shape, that everything comes back on itself. I believe our universe as a balloon, a black hole as a trash can for the universe anything that goes out of the universe through the black hole goes into a void and become nothingness. If we had a powerful enough tele-scope and looked straight up we would see the other side of the earth, that everything goes back on itself.

I believe we need to take care of our own planet, this is what we have.

The Tower of Babel is a good example it is a waste of time reaching out to space trying to find something out there.

I still like Sci-fi movies with aliens and stuff! You know Star Trek, Star Wars, Lost in Space, Mork from Orc, and Kazoo to name a few.

#101 psalms109:31, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.

Inhabited by who/what and when?

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [Satan the devil?] upon the face of the deep.

Why did God create man in his own image in the image of God and put him on the earth?

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof dying thou shalt surely die. Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Hebrews 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world (the inhabited earth) to come, whereof we speak.

I believe this earth is the only place you will find life as in man. Angels and demons could be other places.

Also there is at least one verse and could be more that imply that at the appearing of Jesus men from the earth could be in space such as when we went to the moon. If I have to I will look for it. Somewhere in the fitst five books of the OT I think.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Having taught in the public schools for 14 years, I have sometimes wondered if there is intelligent life here. :)

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

After the experience today of teaching at the alternative school, (kids who get kicked out of regular school), I have to agree. It is amazing how much havoc one little brat can cause.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think another dynamic in this is the precise location in our galaxy that allows life, cant remember the specifics, but I think if the earth were a few yards closer or further from the sun it would be uninhabitable. When we start concluding there must be life "out there" due to the vastness or our universe, we take away the deliberateness God used in creating us and our planet.

#105 webdog, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  6. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

How so? Who says God couldn't have deliberately created another planet with life?

I am not advocating that there is life out there, all I am advocating is that there is no proof either way. Rationalising can lead to either conclusion and is really useless.

We just don't know.

John

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

true, we don't know, but I'm more focusing on "intelligent" life. We are His image bearers that were placed specifically and for a purpose. Since our sin affected all creation, and God died for mankind, it doesn't logically follow there are other moral agents in the universe besides what we are given in Scripture. The Bible also gave us the creation account, and I think it would have been a pretty big part of creation not to mention other moral agents other than ourselves. Either He has a big surprise in store for us one day or they do not exist.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one said that. The point was that an opinion on the possibility of extraterrestrial life based on the "vastness of the universe" is Darwinistic in nature.

The size of the universe is irrelevant. Did you cite it as part of your reasoning?

9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to derail the thread, but to merely clarify with a question.

Do you contend that all matters "darwinistic in nature" as incorrect?

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Under the assumption of "probability", the size of the universe and thus corresponding solar systems which might support life (as we understand it) is indeed relevant.

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Given the fact that everything is still under God's Heaven and He said everything under Heaven He created the size of the universe is irrelavent.

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do believe you all fail to see the picture.

This universe and maybe even others may come into the picture in the distant future.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But presently and for some time into the future it is about life on this earth.

I believe the word of God is very clear concerning this.

The short version is post 102. The long version is one and three fourths pages and I would post it but doubt anyone would read it.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right, assuming life is a by-product of time, chance and chemistry. That's the point.

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Rev, my intent was not to "question" the existence of God, rather "questioning" with respect to the "speculative" nature of the thread. :)