1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LifeWay Yanks Breast Cancer Bible from Shelves

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jerome, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tennessean: LifeWay's Pink Bibles Scrapped

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Good for them. I wish they would be as selective about some of the other materials they sell.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, absurd, head scratching - why did we need a pink bible to say we are against breast cancer? Isn't that already obvious?

Smacks of secondary separation, which considering the fundamentalist bent of the SBC, doesn't surprise me. Since criminals use bullets too are they going to recall the hunters bible who also use bullets? Weird

Perhaps if we just made text and study bibles and got away from the niche bibles we wouldn't have problems like this? Just saying.

Now the SBC is against women, gays, muslims, Democrats and the fight against breast cancer. Whoever is running their PR department needs to be fired:laugh:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You apparently missed the part where a portion of the sale of this bible funds abortions.

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

You are right. To be quite honest, the SBC really sucks sometimes.

There's also a huge problem with all this personalized Bible crap. The Bible is the Bible. I don't need a music teacher's Bible or a sex addicts Bible or a Apricot Miniature Poodle's Bible.

Just give me a Bible in a modern translation.

Hmmm...we've gone from "an organization which has local affiliates that may have ties to PP" to "this bible funds abortions."

That's quite a leap.

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure that is what the article said. I think it was couched in terms of "might" or "may". Looked like the money was going to the Cancer Foundation and the connection was on a local level. Not sure I would have jumped off the cliff on this one, but then that wouldn't be the SBC way. Ready, fire, aim!

For the record, I am against breast cancer even though I have a black bible.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

What I want to know is-

What color is for those of us against prostate cancer?

8. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I looked at this Bible for a family member battling breast cancer, and may decide to get her one.

It is NOT just a pink Bible. It has some good stuff devotionally for women battling cancer.

And good grief--considering some of the garbage lifeway has sold in the past this is just embarrassing.

OK, I agree, let's take the name Southern Baptist off the sign out front and just be something like riverside or mountainview or whisperingwinds church.

That way no one knows the fruits from the nuts.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Seriously laughed out loud at this...

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

From the article (which apparently you didn't read).

11. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Yeah, LifeWay sells some of the most worthless crap and they neglect to sell some of the best (like the TNIV).

This is one of those things you would think they would have kept. It's not like it says "I heart boobies" or something.