1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Light Or Darkeness?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dewey Sturgell, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Dewey Sturgell

Dewey Sturgell New Member

well brothers heres another question that i have ;only for where we all stand on this subject ; IS LIGHT LIFE??

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Read John chapter 1 for starters.

Jesus is the life and the light.

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

John 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. If it is Jesus yes light is life. His life is are light.

4. Dewey Sturgell

old regular

so are we to believe that if light does not shine into our souls we have no life. in or with Christ? if so what does the light do to us ?

5. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I go to a old regular to. I just want to know what are you talking about. I fallow a light in the dark so I can see. If you are talking about Jesus again then that light gives us life. :thumbs:

#5 charles_creech78, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Is this based on a Scripture?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Only when believed and received, does it bring life.

If just Light is Life, then all men are saved.
    Jhn 1:8He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.

Jhn 1:9[That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Rom 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

#7 Brother Bob, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  8. Dewey Sturgell

old regular

Okay now that was uncalled for my friend, but me being a mellow yellow fellow Ill let that pass for we all can change for time changes alot of things; so let me ask you of your thoughts of when the Angels of the Lord took lot,his wife and two daughters out of sodom and gomorrah and told them not to look back but Lots wife looked back and turn into a pillar of salt.why did she turn into a pillar of salt? was it because she was disobedient or because of what see saw? and why she turned into salt and not dust? for dust we are formed and dust we return>

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Who are you referring to?

10. Dewey Sturgell

old regular

Brother Bob, im refering to the state I made about being to bold. and if you would give me your thoughts on my questions of lot and his wife thank you may the Grace of our Lord me with you.amen.

11. old regular

old regular Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lot and His Wife

Lot and his wife are on a different thread, You asked about Life and Light on this thread and Brother Bob Gave you his thought on the Subject. My question to you is what is the condemnation of the World? Is it not that Light John 3:19"And this is the condemnation that light is come into the world,and men loved darkness rather than light,because their deeds were evil. Light is Life to those who come to it(the elect) but to unbelievers it is condemnation.Christ is Light and he is Life, look @ John 8:12 ........the light of life but only to those who follow him. Christ is Light and Life to the Church to believers, but he is condemnatuion to the unbelievers , if they don't believe they are already condemed. This subject has been debated for years but the answer is in the Bible, and is simple. Brother Mike In Love

12. Dewey Sturgell

Well brother Mike I believe everything that you wrote ,I was only seeing were this doctrine would fall out, For there has been assco. split over this simple doctrine, not dumb but I believe an easier one to understand according to Gods gift of giving it to his chosing, may Our Lord be with you .Amen

13. old regular

old regular Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Association Split

That Association really split over jealousy,Light and Life was their excuse,I can show you there is a Circular Letter by J.M Dotson of the Bethel that states the same thing as Brother Bob.Eyewittness accounts stated these brothers were not allowed to defend themselves,but were abused by the association, yes we have been there , but let us not behave as they did, for their own words will judge them.Just be meek and lowly of heart when you answer post,state the truth or your opinion, and show Christ's Love, it is not wrong to debate thy cause with thy neighbor as long as we put a mantel of Charity on it.In Christian Love , Brother Mike

14. Dewey Sturgell

Well you know Brother Mike my intensitions was to be that way, I realize that maybe people take me the wrong way such as you have in the past, God knowing my heart and you of all the people in this world know that im not out to cause any kind or any type of discord,strife ,envy,ect My main true goal is to see how many of the baptist see eye to eye ,which doesnt seem that they all do, This has been very educational to me so far and i believe that its helped me in some cases already, With that in mind Ive been thinking of abraham and how its says that his Faith was counted to him for rightousness, so let me ask you were did he get faith , for if it were left up to man he wouldnt retain God in his knowledge, im inclined to believe that God gave it to him before his task, like a tool that only needs to be used for a particular job, which in this case Abraham used the tool that God gave him and God rewarded him for using the gift that he had recieved which was the tool (FAITH) may the Lord alway strive with you my brother,amen.